Help please. Missing US title document on an import

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew n steph

Reaction score
Hi,
Need a bit of advice as may have got myself into a sticky situation. Have bought a 1971 Arizona import, gorgeous van, but now I come to register it I don't have the US Title.
Seller bought the van from the importer and has handed over the c&e 386 showing her accepted into the UK in January plus an MOT certificate but no US Title.....
Is this as bad as I'm getting a horrible feeling it is? Has anyone else come up against this? No idea where to start tracking this down and don't think I can UK register without it.
Any help much appreciated, cheers.

i'm not sure but graham from midland early bay would know, he's on here and his company is one of the site sponsors give them a shout?

Don't worry, if you have your import forms as you have stated above then you just need to apply to for a birth certificate from the Wolfsburg museum (you can do this on line)
One you have this send all your paperwork off to the DVLA.
Make a copy of all the paperwork and send recorded delivery as people have reported recently that papers have been lost.

http://automuseum.volkswagen.de/index.php?id=12&L=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My bus was without title so I did the above and registered no probs.

Struggling a bit to upload pics as they're too big :oops: but here's a link to them... She's a beauty

http://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A1JtdOXmJ02MQ2;95D61787-0B78-475A-92E3-FD253E3F5032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The link for the photos isn't working. If you have an iPhone download tapatalk and then you can upload photos direct from you phone, or put then photobucket and copy the link.

2azunyne.jpg

1st attempt, see if this works.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Lee C said:
Nice lookin bus 8)
Glad you'll be able to register it now too!?!!!
Cheers Lee, loving your work on yours mate.. Thinking just lacquer and keep as is.
With your knowledge a good idea? Pitfalls etc..
Drew

Cheaper way and quicker is to join the VWOCGB, (£26 from memory) if you send the nice chap on the website a note with your chassis number to say you need a letter confirming build date, he'll send you a note back on official letterhead stating a 6 month period in which the bus would have been built. It cheaper and quicker than the birth certificate route and doesn't matter if you dont get it back from the DVLA as they usually dont return documents.

Drop me a pm or email if you need any further help.

Graham L said:
Cheaper way and quicker is to join the VWOCGB, (£26 from memory) if you send the nice chap on the website a note with your chassis number to say you need a letter confirming build date, he'll send you a note back on official letterhead stating a 6 month period in which the bus would have been built. It cheaper and quicker than the birth certificate route and doesn't matter if you dont get it back from the DVLA as they usually dont return documents.

Drop me a pm or email if you need any further help.

Thanks Graham,

Unfortunately DVLA have moved the gateposts, club produced docs are only if the manufacturer no longer exists...

But appreciated.

Drew

Whoa, love the patina on this one. Nice find! A good polish and keep her waxed up and I would just leave it. If you lacquer it most times it will eventually peel :cry:

squareweave said:
Whoa, love the patina on this one. Nice find! A good polish and keep her waxed up and I would just leave it. If you lacquer it most times it will eventually peel :cry:
Cheers mate, had experience? Our first air cooled and being careful on how we spend the hard earnt...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts