help sourcing travel cot mesh for westy cab bunk

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strongy

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get some of the 'mesh' fabric that travel cot sides are made out of?

Currently trying to fabricate some sort of retaining mechanism for our 8 month old .Got a cab bunk and need to stop her from trying to fling herself out of it!! Thought I could rig up a curtain or some such onto the cab bunk so that she's enclosed but that we can still see her (much like a travel cot).

Tried looking at flynetting but the stuff I've got is made from thin plastic rather than material and tears quite easily.

Any online sources you know of??

really dident fancey leaving the little one in the travel cot in the awning on her own.

couldent find anything suitable so decided to try and coble something up out of wood.this is the finished product which im fairly happy with. im no joiner and it was a bit of a rush job,but it all folds down and is only 2 parts due to some piano hinges and bits n bobs.
it weighs less than the travel cot aswell.

im tempted to take it to a joiner now and have a few made up to a higher standard and mabee try and flog a few

so what do you think?would it sell or is it a bit over the top? :mrgreen:

P1030623.jpg

P1030624.jpg

P1030625.jpg

P1030626.jpg

What a brilliant idea. Got number two arriving in October so might be interested for next summer.

Try Abakhan fabrics. I had some bagged mesh offcuts off them ages ago like I think you're after from their Mostyn outlet in North Wales. They do oddments, offcuts and roll ends. Give them a call to see what they've got in, you may be lucky.

http://www.abakhan.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts