Hi just want you to meet my 1968 savanagh beige,billy,new

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beigebay1968

Reaction score
Hi ppl been on here a while collecting info and gathering parts for my resto of a 1968 savanagh beige and cloud white deluxe micro bus. It has quite a rare so42 pop to which is a little different and has the usual deluxe features and 68 bits.Bought the bus back in march this year from the sunny climates of california.It has the usual knocks and bangs from importing but the bus is super straight and solid underneath which i believe is key. Alway wandted one of these since i can remember and alway been into vws like mk2s etc.....luckily enough i found this and fell in love with it. Have done quite alot of work since but will list and post pics on these and keep updated. Thought id better start making abit of a thread to get feedback and comments so far on it so here goes....

Pics when first buying.
IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

solid underneath

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

and straight.

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

Interior.

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

froggy said:
Are you planning on an original resto or something a little different

^^WHS^^

Welcome and nice bus also 8) - looks like a good starter for doing what you want ;)

Hi thanks for your great comments, planning on going down the westy interior as I just love them, just can't decide on what to do paint work wise.... Original or full respray in original colours... Tricky one???????

Beigebay1968 said:
Hi thanks for your great comments, planning on going down the westy interior as I just love them, just can't decide on what to do paint work wise.... Original or full respray in original colours... Tricky one???????

Hi fella, great looking bus, do me a favour tho, dont paint it!!!!! Looks cool just as it is!!!!

Just

Thought id better do some before and afters

Rear floor, which i sanded down and primered and etched

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

After with an etch primer and now finished with original savanah beige (no pic at mo)

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

and one of me looking like i know what im doing...........:s

IMG_0328.jpg

Welded in new cab floors as existing was rusted through

IMG_0270.jpg

The engine bay when i first got it

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

After with abit of a tidying and a rebuilt 1600 tp sourced from my father inlaw from an old beetle which i found in the garden, full of straw and bits......

IMG_0267.jpg

Beigebay1968 said:
cheers i know what you mean...i love it just not sure whether to sort dents out etc???

The dents n dings add to the character, its a great looking bus, just drop it n roll with it 8)

Just

That looks like a great bus and I agree with Creation Blue.....keep it as it is, paint wise.

Unusual to see coil overs on the rear too.

Nice one Jamie, looks good.

Did you have a rear bench seat for sale?

yer i think your right... i have dropped it slightly and added lat bay discs hence 15" 356b wheels newly painted :) Im going alot lower and but need adjustable spring plates which will be added soon!!!!! Many thanks to T2D they are AWESOME!!!!

IMG_0312-1.jpg

IMG_0308-1.jpg

IMG_0313-1.jpg

o and forgot to mention, on the way to T2d the bottom end blew.......nice...... but since has been sorted :) so happy days!!

On the way home....but not as i imagined!

IMG_0314-1.jpg

hi just to keep everyone posted im booked into t2d for a whole front end 4 1/2 inch narrowed link and pin setup in the new year, cant wait so anyone running the old link and pin post me some feedback would love to hear what you think.pics will be posted as soon as work is carried out around march time cheers

Beigebay1968 said:
hi just to keep everyone posted im booked into t2d for a whole front end 4 1/2 inch narrowed link and pin setup in the new year, cant wait so anyone running the old link and pin post me some feedback would love to hear what you think.pics will be posted as soon as work is carried out around march time cheers

Nice 8)

Latest posts