high top or not

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Olskoolchris said:
Good choice, hi~tops are cool.

Don't want to throw a spanner in the works here, but your original question was whether a high top would be attractive when you come to sell.

Well, I bought a high top (a Sheldon) but changed it to a Devon pop top. Why? Because it was like a sail in the wind, and was anything but cool. It hid massive rust problems where it was fastened to the van and was, frankly, ugly. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it provided lots of storage space. We discussed the benefits of each option before making our minds up.

So, weigh up the pro's and cons. What do YOU want from a roof? Then decide. What we think is, frankly, irrelevant.

one of my fav vans

DesktopBackground_800x600_zpsa905baff.jpg

another cool high top from california

DSC00556_800x600_zpsa72a710d.jpg

Great looking bus as it is with the high top. Not sure if it`s an Adventure Wagen though :shock: I`ve seen a couple of them and both the ones I`ve seen have a stepped type roof, one had a roof rack built in to the lower step but the other one didn`t. That`s not to say there aren`t different types of Adventure Wagen around as there may be. But it`s great to have something different :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Cool as 8) :mrgreen: 8)

i am so wanting a high top panel at the moment. keep it as hightop be different ;)
loving this at mo..
hightop.jpg

vaughan said:
L1060773.jpg

Don't touch the roof it will de- value it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! my thoughts anyway

P7060001.jpg

I would tend to agree with Ade, once you have owned/camped in a highroof anything else gives you cabin fever. Trust me I know :( I sold my highroof van and all I ended up with was a bus with a hole in the roof

BTW, is you bus from Southern California? I believe I saw it at a repair shop last summer (2011) just outside of Huntington Beach.

Food for thought

47-1.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSCF0523.jpg

DSCF1359.jpg

IMGP1617.jpg

P1050957-1.jpg

Euro-Bug-in20604.jpg

Must admit the proper panel van Hi Top is by far the best looking they all look cool in their own way.

Ignore the consensus, leave the roof on, stick some mud tyres on and jack it up to make the world's highest bay.

69billy said:
thanks everyone,the roof is staying. :D

huzza!

you wont regret it! hightops and lowered is full of win! :mrgreen: 8)

Slammed said:
Ignore the consensus, leave the roof on, stick some mud tyres on and jack it up to make the world's highest bay.

Finally someone with sense :mrgreen:

squareweave said:
vaughan said:
L1060773.jpg

Don't touch the roof it will de- value it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! my thoughts anyway

P7060001.jpg

I would tend to agree with Ade, once you have owned/camped in a highroof anything else gives you cabin fever. Trust me I know :( I sold my highroof van and all I ended up with was a bus with a hole in the roof

BTW, is you bus from Southern California? I believe I saw it at a repair shop last summer (2011) just outside of Huntington Beach.

Yes it is from Huntingdon Beach...well spotted!!!

I bought it from the owner of a vw repair shop, he used the engine and gearbox for another project and then sold the rest to me.

Latest posts