Holley Carb questions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andymac0143

Reaction score
Hi. We've recently bough a 72 westy with a 1.7l engine and a single holley carb. (only know it's holley becasue it says it on it)

My two questions are:
1. how do I tell which version of Holley carb it is?
2. Where can I get a replacement air filter for it asap? Mine is split in two places and soaked in oil / dirt. It is a pancake filter in a chrome mesh housing bolted on top of the carb.

thanks

If you can afford too I'd swap that for a pair of Weber 40 IDF's

Again no doubt showing my ignorance... Why swap?

We're only using our camper as a family Holiday wagon if that makes any difference and I cut my teeth on minis and a series engines growing up so the VW engine is new to me... Hence my ignorance to be carbs etc..

Easier to get parts for and will make a big difference to the running, power output and mpg

Andymac0143 said:
what sort of price we talking for weber 40's and which versions are best?

A complete new kit from Eurocarb is £650 which is a lot I know but worth the money imo.

Holley is a US brand so you will have more luck on US based sites. They were after market additions for us busses and were well regarded at the time. You should be able to get the air filters and service parts easily enough once you ID the serial number.
Try http://www.holley.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and see if there are suppliers in the UK you can talk to.
Should be a lot cheaper than £650 for a weber set up unless you really need (want) one.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jon.

I basically just need some a round Foam filter with the following dimensions:

ID 4" OD 6" Height 6cm (sorry for crossing units)

Anyone know anywhere??

It'd probably be far easier and cheaper to just replace the filter with another of the same diameter. There's lots of aftermarket ones available if you're in a hurry.

Latest posts