HOT FRONT BRAKES

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robo

Reaction score
Hi all ,help needed with mates 72 crossover please, both front brakes occasionally getting hot and sticking on. So far I replaced the callipers and front flexi hoses with new ones and bleed entire system and its a little better but both front brakes still get hot and start to stick on! What could it be? Any ideas would be much appreciated. Cheers rob

Also had this problem recently, have since discovered there are two different thicknesses of brake pads for early bays. Haven't had time to investigate which mine has been fitted with.

Well replacing the calipers and flexis plus the problem being intermittent makes me suspect the master cylinder - but first check the brake pedal has enough free play and is returning fully.

This is often caused by a lack of gap between the adjustable pushrod and the master cylinder (or servo end if fitted). There must be at least 1mm clear gap at this point or the pistons in the m/c will be pushed back slightly. This will cover the tiny port within the m/c that allows fluid back into the cylinder when the pedal is released, so you get pressure building in the front brakes, making them hot.

Latest posts