how do i get a birth certificate for a imported EB

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wodan

Reaction score
hi
when importing a bus how can you get a certificate of the bus and its year so it can be registered
does any one perform this service in this forum....?
many thanks Wodan

or the quicker way is to join the vwoc gb and then they will do you a proof of age.

You don't need a birth certificate if its from the US, all you need is the title doc. If it hasn't got a title doc then no duty will have been paid which is more of an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why will duty not have been paid ?
I paid duty on my no title bus ?
And registered with birth certificate and customs docs.

Buses leaving the US should have a title doc to prove the bus is legit, most shippers will not ship without a title doc but there are a couple that will but they are declared as parts buses usually.

Not being funny but would you buy a car in this country without a V5?, it's not difficult to apply for a title doc in the US unless the seller doesn't want to pay any back fees due to DMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand what you are saying about the V5 but I still don't understand the part about not paying duty on a non title holding bus.

Mine came as parts which it was and all was dealt with by Kingstown.

Like you say I'm not trying to be funny but I read threads about registering imports without titles and got worried myself before I registered by bus.

But having chatted with the DVLA whilst registering my bus they said actually it's no issue as along as you have the customs forms and the birth certificate.

chassis number =vwocgb=age verification accepted by dvla for mot and registration.Done it over thirty times but they are starting to charge and so they should.only twice have i had an equivalent to a V5...yes it makes it easier but its only a matter of asking help from within the scene
The us imports are easier with a title and i don`t know about that cos they`re lefties...but its also easier if the saffa or ozzie busses have their records up to date and a current title...if not work off the chassis number as stated above...simples

Latest posts