How do i put this seal in?!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abby

Reaction score
Hi guys,

How the hell do I get this in? Can't find anything online to help me. [emoji53]

514f1b2ce8ef47a02b961eccd0875e32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean...

Seal into frame?

Glass into seal?

Complete unit in vehicle?

I've just done mine and I'm sure others will agree, it's a ball ache. I didn't really have a trick as such.

Fitted the seal into the frame. Then fitted the glass which effectively pushed the seal into place. Kept the glass shut.
Then fitted the quarter into the van followed by the 3/4 piece which forced everything in.

Pushing pulling and whacks with a rubber mallet were needed and we got there in the end. It took about half a day to sort that alone.

Sorry I don't have any tips - just bloody mindedness and grim determI nation got ours in.

Good luck.

Sorry I wasn't very clear ha! I can't get the seal onto the frame in the photo. The fat edges all go in happily, but the slimmer edge just wont go. How does it go in? There is a curved lip in the metal but the seal just wont go in there.

I'm at a bit of a loss...

Here you go - seems to be a common issue and exactly why I'm not going to do mine! I'll look for a sliding window to replace my 3/4s.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73444

Latest posts