How much ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NADZ

Reaction score
Hi all.
Is there anyone out there who does auto repairs as a job ?Or do you have an idea what this little number should be costing.Its just ive never had any dealings of this nature before :roll: And really would like a ball park figure.Though I do understand there are a lot of variables to consider
Picture1013.jpg

Picture1011.jpg

Picture1012.jpg

Picture1010.jpg

Cheers in advance :lol:

Yes bud I got a cash settlement out of the gits.Well to be fair the insurers themselves were cool an the gang.But the independent engineer (read silly old git)was a bloody nightmare.I had to explain the whole "vdub"thing to him as well as why i would buy a old car.Mind you being from N.F.U.i suppose he more used to tractors and such :roll:
But at least she isnt written off :wink:

Providing it's just fire damage and the body is still straight I'd say a quick skim of filler, some wet and dry and half a litre of paint. Approximately £30 in total if you were to do it yourself.

If you're talking bodyshop then the cost of materials will be the same, but add in all the labour charges and you're probably looking at £500+ depending on how far round the body they deem it is necessary to go to blend in the paint.

Yeah do it yourself, take it back filler etc.. hire a compressor (unless you have 1 ) and crack on or at the least if you do the initial prep work your labour costs will be vastly reduced.

...then spend the money you saved with the diy on a monster lump and drag race that baby :wink:

At least its not a fade prone colour like red. You'd be best off just going round the local bodyshops and getting quotes.

That has had so many layers of paint, you will need to bare metal the effected area's.

A body shop would charge about £1000 I reckon to do a pukka job.

Latest posts