How to fit Devon bunks/hammocks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welly

Reaction score
Asking in advance as I have managed to source some hammocks that shall be delivered tomorrow. Trouble is I have told the kids they are coming and they want to sleep in the van in the garage this weekend :shock: so it looks like I need to crack on with the fitting as soon as they turn up. My van doesn't have anything in at the mo so am starting from scratch and have no idea what I will need to do, I've looked on google images and can see how the hooks fasten to the van and how the hanging brackets sit in the hooks but not sure what you do with the van wall side and the bag or cover thing :oops:

Is anyone able to help or show pics of thiers so I can have a bit of a head start .

Cheers

Paul.

Im near York bud and have original devon bunks in ..

Your welcome to come and have a look at what ever you need and take measurements if you like bud.

Hilly

What do you mean the van wall thing?

As for the cover/bunk holder, one side is screwed to the bus then you would fold your bunks away then pop the cover on the domes if that makes sense?

Cheers Hilly, might take you up on the offer if I end up with in bits scratching my head. :)

I can see in the pics that the part of the hammock that fastens to the van is a long thin metal strip with lots of holes in, I guess I just screw that back but how does that work with the bag? Do I also go through the bag/cover half way up and fasten them both back with same screws?
Then how does the top of the cover/bag fasten is it with the press studs?

Yeah the cover fits with the bottom edge under the edge of the hammock as it fixes to the van side, then when the hammock is folded in it lifts over the top and press studs to the wall above the hammock covering it.

:)

Try this link if your not sorted yet!

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51449" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts