Hydro'd '70 Adventurewagen 'Hobo'

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karmann70 said:
Oh shit , that is horrendous ... I`ve just fitted horseshoes on mine , I hope they don`t end up like that !

I think it was the way they had been laser cut, it looks like they had just cut straight through the edge to then cut the hole :shock:

I personally will be getting rid of them as soon as I can have some more work done on the rear end to still keep it low...it's beyond my capabilities so I'm on a long waiting list for the work to be done :(

I'm sure you will be ok, I had been running them for a year and however long the previous owner had them on but it drive like a bag of shit and appears that this along with the wrong wheel/tyre set up was causing it.

Matt Maz said:
Here we go, obviously old ones on the right -

5327C996-1C42-4389-8F46-78603A6631C9_zpsgykwvlmg.jpg

Those must have been home brew. I've never seen or heard of them like that. It was a good catch on your part before things ended up worse. Usually horseshoe plates keep camber to a minimum, not make it worse.

Matt Maz said:
So after selling the Laundry Bus to Rob, we seemed to have something missing from our life....a bus!

It seems as though a few people have already been made aware of our awesome purchase - we were hoping to make an appearance at Graham's show but news spreads quickly :)

So we were not thinking we would be buying a bus quite so soon but I'd been made aware of an Adventurewagen that Dr Slam (Jimbob) was selling and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy this amazing bus - Thanks Jim for selling it to us!!

So here it is - I will try and update when we can with a few more details :)

It's great to be back!

4yreqaza.jpg

Mate that is THE coolest, sickest ride on the entire forum IMO :shock: 8) 8) jeez if only i'd made the carport 12" higher!! :cry:

66nige said:
Matt Maz said:
So after selling the Laundry Bus to Rob, we seemed to have something missing from our life....a bus!

It seems as though a few people have already been made aware of our awesome purchase - we were hoping to make an appearance at Graham's show but news spreads quickly :)

So we were not thinking we would be buying a bus quite so soon but I'd been made aware of an Adventurewagen that Dr Slam (Jimbob) was selling and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy this amazing bus - Thanks Jim for selling it to us!!

So here it is - I will try and update when we can with a few more details :)

It's great to be back!

4yreqaza.jpg

Mate that is THE coolest, sickest ride on the entire forum IMO :shock: 8) 8) jeez if only i'd made the carport 12" higher!! :cry:

Thank you for the comment - It is cool when it's running. I've got gearbox issues at the moment but hopefully I'll have it sorted along with being slightly lower in time for Whitenoise :mrgreen:

Details to follow!!

Thank you for the comment - It is cool when it's running. I've got gearbox issues at the moment but hopefully I'll have it sorted along with being slightly lower in time for Whitenoise :mrgreen:

Details to follow!![/quote]

Oh theres always issues! Its just some look better when theyre broken down than others :msn4:
Look forward to the details :D

So I decided to keep the van although I do still have cravings to buy the laundry bus back!!

I've made a few changes again to the adventurewagen including a 4'' narrowed transporterhaus KnL beam, rayvern hydraulic Spring plates and some Mooneyes Speedmaster wheels.

I'm pretty pleased with the end result but it's been fun getting it all back down low. Notches needed to be made bigger at the front and things just didn't look right to start off with. I was assuming it was just going to be as low but it wasn't.

However, after a bit of work we were getting somewhere at the rear -

The front brackets for the hydraulics needed to be moved again to get the front as low as possible. The work has resulted in the bus now sitting on the floor but with 6'' of lift its perfect for everyday driving :D

Here's the end results

Rear Chassis Rails

Front Chassis Rails

Hopefully we will get to use it this summer :mrgreen:

Loving the new wheels!

I wasn't really a fan of adventure wagons until I saw this the other week, such a cool looking bus!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This van is infinitely better than your old dry cleaning van matt and I really look forward to seeing this one in the metal. Wise choice to keep it 8)

Looking awesome as always!
Catch up with you guys at a show in the summer!
If it ever arrives :lol:

Thanks for the comments guys!!

I love the van again now, just a couple of little thing to sort which means we can't make volksworld but will be at the Earlybay Camp Out in a few weeks so hopefully we can catch up with a few people then!

Latest posts