I GIVE UP....!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelighttaxidriver

Reaction score
Can anybody suggest anything before I throw these bloody Kadrons in the bin...?!!
Got the mixture spot on. Got the idle spot on. 55 idles, 135 mains, 28mm venturis. Fuel pressure set at 1.5psi.
Idles lovely. Crisp when blipping the throttle. Just will not hold revs when held open. Feels starved. Timing/valves/plugs spot on. Electronic ignition. Float chambers have plenty of fuel in.
Totally cleaned the carbs multiple times....
Anybody....? Please....!!! :-(

try upping your fuel pressure, sound like there's not enough fuel in the float chambers on open throttle

Been varying fuel pressures, but no change. Think I may have cracked it though. On the kaddieshack website, they have a component breakdown diagram. Will try to link it. Appears I'm missing item 3 - Annular discharge booster, from both carbs. Looks like they link in with the main jet circuit somehow. Would that account for my lack of fuel under load...? Obviously going to order them anyway, just be good to know I'm not throwing them in the bin just yet..... :)
Kadron-Carburetor-Replacement-Parts-Parts-Breakdown-Pricing-KAD-5.htm

Running a fuel regulator & std mechanical pump, as per advice. No problem there at all. Had an email back from Kaddieshack (v. helpful). Apparently the missing bits are my problem, & was amazed they ran at all. Set up must have been spot on.... :). Ordering them on payday....

I swear once you get em dialed in you may wonder what took so long to change from stock. VW Engines Love dual carbs.

Latest posts