I got infected by the bus craze and it has no cure! You?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We too have been infected:

We took a week in Newquay and saw so many campers / VeeDubs, i was never really interested although my bro had always wanted one.

Her in doors also wanted one so going to Newquay made that worse, so on return we got ours (71build / 72registered Cali Import cross over Westy) and since we have not looked back.

Had some major issues, some robbing B*@s%$*D who still trades at many shows sold us a piece of shit and it's taken 3 years and £5,000 to get her to the state she's in now. Oh body work over winter now so another shed load of cash.

But saying that we have met some top people and made some great friend so would not go back now, but i try to help new people so as this doesn't happen to any one else. It's a shame that there are some people that are really there to make the most profit from people. Any how another subject)

So yes very addictive and we love it.

Our bus on Clee hill after Dub stock ifi remember
ABCD0020.jpg

USABayDaz said:
We too have been infected:

We took a week in Newquay and saw so many campers / VeeDubs, i was never really interested although my bro had always wanted one.

Her in doors also wanted one so going to Newquay made that worse, so on return we got ours (71build / 72registered Cali Import cross over Westy) and since we have not looked back.

Had some major issues, some robbing B*@s%$*D who still trades at many shows sold us a piece of shit and it's taken 3 years and £5,000 to get her to the state she's in now. Oh body work over winter now so another shed load of cash.

But saying that we have met some top people and made some great friend so would not go back now, but i try to help new people so as this doesn't happen to any one else. It's a shame that there are some people that are really there to make the most profit from people. Any how another subject)

So yes very addictive and we love it.

Our bus on Clee hill after Dub stock ifi remember

Sorry to bother, but what wheels are on your bus? Do you have a side shot? Thanks!

They are BRM's in white with polished edges, they were from Midland Wheel Supplies although they tell me they no longer do white (can't remember if i had seen them at any shows since).

I haven't got a side pic here at work but will look when i get home

DongKG said:
That is a great story, buddy! You were young when you were introduced to the bus craze. Great bus too!

Thanks! :D

I was so young that I used to scribble in the baywindow brochures that the nice salesmen in the local showroom used to give me! Still got those brochures now, and I cringe when I look through them! :lol: Luckily I also have some that I didn't ruin! :D

Doug

Even if I am busy, I found time to install these curtains! That's how crazy I am on this bus!
DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

Thanks, bro!

You are right! I know that patience is really a great virtue!

faux said:
Graham L said:
Have wanted a 'camper' for years but my interests took me in other car directions, have owned Triumph Vitesses, Doly Sprint, Morris Oxford Series III, Vauxhall Victor FB Estate (sold it to Vauxhall motors for their Museum), Rochdale Olympic x 2, various other 50/60's specials/kit cars ending up finally for the last 7 years with a Caterham 7 that I hillclimbed & sprinted quite competitively over the years.

Sold that last year and bought a Caterham 21 but that sat in the garage not being used so decided I needed something more family orientated so in January I bought 'Hank', my first ever VW and I'm hooked, then bought 'Patrick' about a month ago and there may be some more additions to the fold in the near future :wink: :wink: so I'm definitely hooked good and proper :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and I can hold this site responsible for that but I won't hold it against anyone :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Glad you made it..

and your list of cars is far cooler than mine....Renault 5 Gordini, Citroen AX GT, Renault 5 Turbo, Renault Clio 16v (Micra.... :oops: ), and another Clio Williams...

A bit of a theme going on.

But the buses have been much better, 72, 52, 60 and 69, you know a 69 is best.

Jon :mrgreen:

On the subject of other cars: I see you've had a couple of Renault 5s, Jon. We've had some in our family. The best was my brother's '82 TX which he bought new. Lovely car that was. Saw one on Ebay a few months ago, in very good nick, and I was very tempted!
My other 'love' is my Mini Traveller woody. :D

well I just fancied one as my mate was organising a surfing trip to the South of France and bought it out of Free-Ads.

10 years and 10 grand later I cannot imagine being without it. I really fancy a Westfalia Florida as it is the perfect motor home...but it has no soul

Latest posts