I need your help -inspiration for my F.seats (colour/fabric)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattp

Reaction score
Guys, I need you help please. I am getting my front seats trimmed shortly and a little while later I will also be getting the rear of the Westy sorted with a new interior and trimming -there will be at least 6mths between getting fronts sorted and rear sorted

The bus is that off white colour so many '70 Westy busses are and currently with a choice of light and dark veneer Westy interiors.

Bus.jpg

I have decided on the following colours for trimming and am veering toward the dark vinyl as I think this makes a better contrast than the light against the tweed.

Light.jpg

dark.jpg

What I need your help on would be pics or views on the combionation to trim in, all fabric top with stiched line like this:

biscuit fabric centre and vinyl edges -I love this but it gets difficult when you trim the rear as proportions change; great for a bug but not sure HOWEVER I do like it even if the advice given is steer clear

Biscut.jpg

or fluted (as above fabric/vinyl combo) but fluting over biscuits

DSCF5008.jpg

Or vinyl skirts and back with tween fronts (not so keen)

04102007241.jpg

Help, any ideas, would anyone be kind enought to post pics of their seats they like.

Many thanks in advance

Come on guys, seat frames blast cleaned today, paint tomorrow and then off to a mate for trimming and new seat pads.......

If money wasn't an issue I'd have real deep fluted leather Matt. I've seen a few splitties with it and zedbed on here had his rear bed similar.

Ps - I also like that biscuit pattern but I rekon it's a wee bit modern for a classic vehicle. Just my opinion but you did ask :shock: That's lees splitty isn't it?

I like the biscuit style, looks classy.......i remember seeing this done with the very top of the seats in vinyl the same as the edges and the sides, so if you look at them the two top biscuits wouldn't be there (vinyl instead).....clear as mud????

good luck with it.....................kev

I'm going for an Alcantara-like material in the centre of the seats, and vinyl for the outer. All in the same colour, but with contrasting piping and stitching. No fancy patterns though

Latest posts