Ignition barrel removal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gung

Reaction score
Hi
Just wondered if anyone knows how to get the Ignition barrel out the steering coloum thingy?

It's a bit of a nightmare because you have to either drill a small hole in the casing and push a bit of wire through to release a retaining pin, or if you're lucky you can release it without drilling. There is a site to look at, I can't remeber something like http://www.specialpatrolgroup.com, have a search on JK site and it's on there somewhere.

Veedunk

Just an aside...

Wasn't SpecialPatrolGroup the name of Vyvian's hamster in The Young Ones?? :D

I lost my temper with that pin thing u gotta push i ended up hidin a button under my dash 4 a while but i did it in the end without drilling. u will need a thin pieace of rod no more the 3mm and bend a hook in the end bout the same size as the top of ya little finger then poke it up there and hope.

Cheers Guys! May have another try now then - last time my other half got really pissed off with it & I feared for my bus! There was a hammer involved..

I once lost our ONLY key for the ignition.. Never again !!

Turned every tool box out, emptied the garage, front room was stripped including the hi-fi incase it had fallen behind.

I then looked at all the main sites and tried that bent pin thing and everything else... I couldnt get it out like they said.,..

In the end I got a spare steering rack with barrel attached (from a show for a tenner) and only took 20 mins to change ! Wish I had changed it before the MANIC hunt ! It was a simple change over ! JOB DONE :D

Thing is, our washing machine has one of them fancy traps for coins etc.. My wife walked into the living room one night and said "I found this in the washing machine". Just three days after me changing the whole rack :x I keep a spare key now !!

I know it's been a while but if anyones interested!
http://www.specialpatrolgroup.co.uk

Still haven't fixed my Ignition by the way!! :shock:

Latest posts