I'm Famous

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cod_Almighty

Reaction score
I live in Germany and my camper is registered to Britsh Forces net in Germany.

On Thursday I received a phone call from a big wig who is the head honcho of the Licensing office, he wanted to know why I had custom plates on my van and not the issued ones that I am supposed to have. The bloke is based about 3 hours away from me, and my camper is currently sat in a garage in Grimsby awaiting a resto and paint job, so how could he have possibly known that I had the wrong plates on... :?:

... well about 3 months ago, while i was driving to work, I noticed a car turn round behind me and start following me. He followed me onto camp and pulled up right behind me in the car park. At first I thought he was going to mug me! It turned out he was a massive VW fan and wanted to check out my baby. We got talking and he said that he worked for a news paper and would like to do a little story about the camper. He took a photo and a few details and I thought and heard nothing more off it...

...until I got the phone call on Thursday. It just happens that this bloke works for Sixth sense which is the newspaper for the British Forces in Germany. He had decided to run a story about me and put the photo of me with my custom plates on the front page. The Colonel who had told me off for custom plates had noticed the plates.

I now have people coming up to me and asking if it's me on the front of the paper.

Only a couple of errors as well, not bad for a journo!

http://sixthsense.bfgnet.de/News.htm#News2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

olster028.jpg

olster029.jpg

Latest posts