Images of Westy silentgliss curtain rail please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subheatadey

Reaction score
Hi all, I have nearly completed the headlining ply roof and next will be to tackle the curtain rail using silentgliss so I am hoping some of you guys can post me some images of your curtain rails installed so i can copy how it should look particularly around the windscreen and the sliding door.
Many thanks :D

It's nigh on impossible to fit rail around the doors/windscreen. Although having said that I have seen it done. Westfalia actually used pop studs for the cab curtains up to 73. Looks neater as well

72baywesty said:
It's nigh on impossible to fit rail around the doors/windscreen. Although having said that I have seen it done. Westfalia actually used pop studs for the cab curtains up to 73. Looks neater as well
So Westfalias didn't have curtain rail around the front that's interesting maybe I shall use pop fasteners as suggested, still like to see how anyone has done theirs though :)

Adey, did you see how the front curtain was done in my bus at AC14?
Basically we have 4 hooks in place - one on each pillar. The curtain uses the same stuff your nan used to hand net curtains, with loops at each end and little cut outs where the A-posts are. To close the gap at the top of the screen we just flip the sun visors down and job's a good'un!

My pics aren't the greatest but they show a bit of the silent gliss. I had them bent around the front screen.

CIMG3546.jpg

CIMG3552.jpg

Sorry to run off with the post Ade,
Hip Shaker,, is that a rare as rocking horse poo ,,74 RHD Malaga interior by any chance ? Looks hot to trot with the overhead grill too.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, OOOooohhh :p

Ooooh, first image i have seen of the curtain rail bent round the windscreen that looks neat so it must be possible, Cheers Guys more images welcome before i take the plunge and buy some rail

Find someone who is breaking a dormobile as they had them as an original fitment.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ozziedog said:
Sorry to run off with the post Ade,
Hip Shaker,, is that a rare as rocking horse poo ,,74 RHD Malaga interior by any chance ? Looks hot to trot with the overhead grill too.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, OOOooohhh :p

You know, i'm not actually sure. I bought most of it from someone who had a '79 bay. I assumed it was original fitment from that. I love the little grill.

Latest posts