Indicator dash lights

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat duk

Reaction score
All my indicators work fine but when the ignition is on I lose my indicator dash lights!, but they work if my hazards are on :? Could this be a relay issue or a fault in my indicator switch any help would be great thanks

Hi Fat duk

When you say you 'loose your dash indicator lights' do you mean they work for a few flashes then stop?

What year is your bus?

Hi the dash lights don't flash at all when using the indicators, the dash lights only light up if the hazards are on! And the bus is a 70 I have had a look at the relay and it's not the original

How is your battery and charging system. When my van hadn't been used for a while I had the same fault but a recharge sorted it.

Hope this is an easy fix

I kind of have same problem, hazards work fine and dash indicator lamps light ok, indicators work fine but only flash once on dash! But main worry is the hazard relay has a constant quieter tick until I turn the ignition key to power up the dash,

Apologies Fat duk if I have hijacked your thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would firstly check all your indicator bulbs and earthing points at the bulb holders I appreciate all your indicators work ok but an insufficient insufficient amp draw could cause the tell tail light on the dash not to flash.

All power to the front passes through the Headlight switch terminals at #30. They often overheat/loosen, causing
a voltage drop. If you have a multimeter, connect to Term #49 (+) on the flasher relay. (Or terminal #15 depending
on your set-up) This should read 12V with key On. Now stick your indicators on and see whats going on. It shouldn't
drop below 11.5V.

Do your high beam / flasher work ok?

Hi all thanks for your replys, I have good voltage and it starts fine, all the flashers and head lights work fine the only other dash light issue I have is the headlight indication dash light only works when the side lights are on and when I put main beam on the green light goes out! I will check the voltage through my headlight switch this weekend

Cheers

Latest posts