Installing JK heated screens

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben72Bay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all.
I’ve just collected the JK heated front and rear screens for our T2.
Has anyone installed these?

I’m after advice and guidance on how to wire them up please. Wire gauges, what relays to use etc. how to wire them into the switches.
I have individual switches on the dash for each screen, each with their own power feed already in the loom.

Many thanks in advance.

Ben
94884530-5F89-4B70-9BEC-205C165013DC.jpeg

You'll probably need 3 relays and associated wiring as the front screen usually requires two supplies (one for each half). Tbh I'd get in touch with Iain (or David) Burns at Aircooled Auto Elec and ask him for advice.

You'll probably need 3 relays and associated wiring as the front screen usually requires two supplies (one for each half). Tbh I'd get in touch with Iain (or David) Burns at Aircooled Auto Elec and ask him for advice.
Thank you!
I’ve spoken to Dave and Iain on many occasions and have their wiring throughout.
Always keen to learn from others along the way!!

Last edited:
I asked JK for some advice on how to wire these in (relays etc), seeing as they sell the stuff…
“Hi Ben, this information we do not have, I would suggest looking on the forums”

I’m a bit underwhelmed by that response!
Normally I find JK to be great, but this is well below expectation from them sadly

Morning all!
Have taken the sound advice from @ozziedog and have a pro coming to fit my heated front and back heated screens this Thursday.
Now just checking on the provided screen seals fit
https://www.justkampers.com/vw-t2-b...ar-heated-windscreen-kit-collection-only.html
Anyone had any issues with JK front and rear seal fit?

Just want to make sure Thursday goes as well as it could - are there better seals on the market which would ensure a smoother install day?

Anything else I need to have in place before the day? @naskeet you’ve done this before. Anything I’m missing?

I don’t have the wiring in place yet for each screen. Is that a big issue?

Do the wires for the front screen exit to under the dash?? (And then I can add in the correct wiring after Thursday)

Thank you all!!
Ben

I've recently been looking at them and there's now quite a bit of helpful looking info regarding installation on the JK site. Notably having to use "Arbomast Auto Grade Black sealant (Or equivalent Auto Grade Sealant)", along with the seals as any water penetration as: "the heatedscreen can fail quickly and delaminate if water gets into the rubber seal / glass - as the metal 'foil' in the heating element / laminate is venerable if not properly sealed. Hence the need to add the sealant"

https://www.justkampers.com/2118451...tion-only-t2-bay-1967-1979-brazilian-bay.html

Latest posts