Interior Build - 1970 Import - Made it in a magazine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wardrobe finished

9GwtHYi.jpg

Fitted some of it tonight. Need to screw fridge unit down

IpGVpOT.jpg

UrEIo73.jpg

Fitted auto fire extinguisher to engine bay, sun visors and savemybug dip stick and wrapped the jtubes.

Might fabricate some of the tinware that blocks off the gaps removing the heat exchangers leaves. Were fitted to the trekker as standard

Well fitted bed, interior and done the padding in the cushions. Full size bed is awesome. Seat is a little high but pays dividends with the amount of storage underneath.

Just need to sort some curtains (Argos pillowcases reworked) and 240v system.

K0JQgk6.jpg

uAkONx2.jpg

Johnny said:
great job so far it all looks very solid...

Cheers

Wardrobe, buddy seat and bed are all designed for lightweight. The fridge units a little heavier than I would like but when you remember how heavy the original rear bench seat was then it all seems OK! :lol:

Forgot some pics

gXR5CpJ.jpg

M6hEZT3.jpg

OaKrF1i.jpg

VmNucPf.jpg

gKEFIrr.jpg

lJF4Bqs.jpg

GUvcqOg.jpg

Couple of before shots for reference

CmB3EjC.jpg

J5WjxJK.jpg

Rv8tNiz.jpg

Electrics fitted as well, 240v, no 12v. Will either be on site hookup or out and about with an iceblock in the fridge.

Have petrol stove and battery/petrol lighting.

Been watching this with interest, lovely job sir!
You mention that the rock and roll bed is a bit high - was that a design limitation of the plans you used or did it just work out that way after you finished working everything out? I saw a guy on eBay selling finished rear seat kits and noticed that they also ended up a bit tall so I wondered if it is to do with the brackets/cantilever action or some other reason?
I went for a Rusty Lee, which works great and is solid but as you note it's a bit heavyweight compared to what you have done.

I just followed some generic plans off the net, probably the same as the ebay ones. The RR hinges are DIY not bought so they make the boards sit level and lined up with the rear engine bit when laid flat.

I don't know if shop bought rr hinges somehow lift the seat up? Otherwise like mine the rear bench would be a little higher.

My rear seat is however sloped back as you can see in the pics. If you made it flat you could maybe shave a inch or two off the height?

I wont have many rear passengers so not too much of an issue for me.

Great, thanks for that. I can't see me swapping out the Rusty Lee but it's always good to know the options! :)

Well just need curtains to finish 100% but been on a few trips already.

Did photoshoot last week for Camper and Commercial mag. Fingers crossed it ends up in the mag, no idea when.

Here's a phone pic. Cant use the real ones yet incase. Happy overall with the van, only fault so far has been a broken top pulley. Either crappy aftermarket pulley or to tight belt. (Seemed OK play) Anyway it was one of the few parts I never checked typically!

Just need to get the sewing machine out, first camp out is a local steam fair mid june.

muKRk13.jpg

Interior working OK too, fridge unit maybe a little big but storage makes up for it. Seems to work better as an icebox than a fridge :lol: 2litre frozen pop bottle of water keeps it cool all day.

OWOY724.jpg

runforest said:
Awesome work mate can you please tell me where you got the alu trim for budy seat much appreciated.

Aluminium warehouse.co.uk

Had loads left over from building a teardrop

Been out and about in the van at a local reservoir this weekend, interior layout working well and haven't conked out yet

yYiVa5A.jpg

XkTXrZ5.jpg

5xkTO5K.jpg

9mLTjhV.jpg

pMaj6tI.jpg

itjBkzA.jpg

I have a question regarding jalousie window inner seal (rubber trim). Ho w bad or good does it fit? I have the grey kind from NLAVW and can´t get it to hold on the sides of the window (short vertical pieces of the frame).

1961bluebug said:
I have a question regarding jalousie window inner seal (rubber trim). Ho w bad or good does it fit? I have the grey kind from NLAVW and can´t get it to hold on the sides of the window (short vertical pieces of the frame).

I have the black ones from Notch1500 off ebay. They fit ok, but just OK. There are gaps for fitting it the correct way round. It did have a tendancy to peel itself off after a while so ive lightly stuck the top on with contact adhesive

Latest posts