Intermittent windscreen wipers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkyhippo

Reaction score
I have 2 speeds on my wipers but understand that there is a way of including intermittent wipe? JK used to sell a relay to incorporate this but don't seem to do it anymore. Any suggestions peeps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have a look at my thread I've got a unit that allows three intermittent speeds as well as normal and fast speed. It was straightforward to wire in[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mike202 said:
Have a look at my thread I've got a unit that allows three intermittent speeds as well as normal and fast speed. It was straightforward to wire in[emoji41]

Hi Mike, thanks for your quick response. Can you only buy these modules in the US?
Karen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As far as I know yes. It's from Revolution Electronics in California and the part number is 13011. They are made for VW's from 67-71.
I had a go with a couple of other methods which didn't work, but this works fine. It cost me £57 including postage. [emoji943][emoji942][emoji4]

Try this, https://www.quasarelectronics.co.uk/Item/smart-kit-1093-intermittent-windscreen-wiper-controller.

newhippy said:
Try this, https://www.quasarelectronics.co.uk/Item/smart-kit-1093-intermittent-windscreen-wiper-controller.

thats quite clever, ordered one for my bug ill report back on how it installed.

I've just ordered the Revolution Electronics model after a weekend of On/Off On/Off On/Off Wiper action ... and even though I know turning it anti-clockwise switches it off, i always switch it to the fast setting first lol

I chose this model because i wanted to use the existing switch as i've done the electric washer bottle mod already

cheers :D

matty74 said:
I've just ordered the Revolution Electronics model after a weekend of On/Off On/Off On/Off Wiper action ... and even though I know turning it anti-clockwise switches it off, i always switch it to the fast setting first lol

I chose this model because i wanted to use the existing switch as i've done the electric washer bottle mod already

cheers :D

Hey Matty - did you ever get & fit this??
If so, how is it? :D

Hi ... yep, fitted it just before our last trip up Scotland ... bloody brilliant. Simple to fit and works a treat. I put a few pics on my gallery thread. What's really clever is the intermittent setting has 3 speeds too ... although the 8 second delay was perfect. Well worth it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts