Introducing Doddy - My 71 Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AB4A22C2-C69C-48C9-9722-0255861FB888-5101-00000819C286408D.jpg

Wow :shock: that is one bling motor I'm so jealous of your skill and patience mark
What exhaust is that

Mark

No idea tbh :lol:

Its full stainless thats about all I know, it was a drunken ebay purchase :lol:

Might not use it yet as theres no room for heat exchangers but I might cut it up :shock: and see if that can be rectified.

OMFG!!!

PROGRESS at last!

15 weeks to the day it was collected, so I thought I'd check in with the paint shop to see if they had even started it..

It was a pleasant surprise for once.

null_zps8958bcf5-1.png

null_zps3c1dcc3d-1.png

null_zps709a7be7-1.png

I was sat close to tears :lol: as I'd completely given up on the van.

We went up Friday and there cracking on with it, doing to much talking so didn't take many photos.

Here's the couple more I took,

null_zps9ec91772.jpg

null_zps8f90feb8.jpg

null_zpsdd5a971f.jpg

Hopefully in etch primer at the end of the week.

Visited the (slowest but hopefully the best!) paint shop (in the nw) yesterday ( 19/6/13 - for my own use :) )

Super smooth and nearly ready for etch primer.

null_zpse3e43531.jpg

null_zps0a571abe.jpg

null_zps8b3574e4.jpg

null_zpsaa917305.jpg

null_zps905d0ba5.jpg

null_zps67b9269f.jpg

null_zps42302eef.jpg

null_zps76d5b8e9.jpg

null_zps0b3310d2.jpg

null_zpsb1196c08.jpg

null_zpsb72f2558.jpg

null_zpsc2fb0ed7.jpg

null_zpsd441fedb.jpg

null_zps6624a344.jpg

null_zps43fb0adc.jpg

null_zpsd774fde7.jpg

Sorry lots of boring photos really but I like to keep this updated, as with it all being dated I know when and where things are up too.

Heebee_GB said:
Excellent work Mark. What colour are you going for?

Cheers Gary,

Can't take credit for the work though, handed the paint over to the professionals.

Colours going to be green and cream I think, narrowed the green down to three choices and the painters basically chosen the cream/white.

getting there slowly Mark i think british racing green and magnolia would be cool B and Q have a sale on at the mo :lol: :lol:

i'll call over for them seats next week mate i'll bell you first

Paid my monthly (actually about 5 weekly) visit to the (slowest) paint shop (in the northwest) not much has changed really but they have been busy blocking... Priming.. Blocking..

Still no progress in here though :(

And hopefully a sign of things to come!

On the plus side the colours have now all been chosen and the paint has been ordered, being told the end of the month but knowing now how they work ill be happy with the end of sept/oct.

Fingers crossed anyway.......

I'm not doing the maths but it left my driveway on January 18th and today (FINALY!) she returned :lol:

Being a photo freak (check this thread and my other :lol: ) I'm going to find it difficult keeping things under wraps but I've decided to hibernate for the winter :msn4:

Can't leave without a sneak peak though...

null_zpsf0c465f0.png

null_zps6830dd5a.png

8)

Well I hope you weren't expecting to see the colours :lol:

Latest posts