Introducing Mr Brightside's Midlands Makeover............

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Progress is coming thick & fast at the bodyshop, I will post some updates soon.

However in the interim, we have a new addition to the family, the plans for this are simple, leave it sat in the garage until Mr Brightside is finished, shiney & looking new.

I was not intending to buy another van, but it was a holiday romance that followed me home.......... :shock: :lol:

I was warned that this was contageous :lol:

BellePrevious-2.jpg

BellePrevious-1.jpg

BellePrevious-3.jpg

Nice looking Deluxe Graham, are you planning on setting up as competition?

Good polish and that will look great, did you find this one one of your trips to the US?

Graham L said:
Nice looking Deluxe Graham, are you planning on setting up as competition?

Good polish and that will look great, did you find this one one of your trips to the US?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I have NO plans to do this for a living !

I saw it when I was in the US, it needed some love & lets say it was too good an opportunity to miss.

Not decided what to do with it TBH, needs a little welding in the usual US Import places, its about on par with the Sierra yellow one in terms of being solid, but yes, polish, minimal bodywork as possible, lowering etc etc.

Kind of the opposite to our other bus :D

WOW! Just been looking at the full build on midlands web site, there work looks superb!!!
Its going to look amazing when its done.

I just checked out the pics on the Midlands site and all I can say is WOW :shock: it looks great. Nice colour combo and I like how you only painted the roof white. Can't wait to see it with the wheels etc. Where did the cargo floor repair piece come from?

squareweave said:
I just checked out the pics on the Midlands site and all I can say is WOW :shock: it looks great. Nice colour combo and I like how you only painted the roof white. Can't wait to see it with the wheels etc. Where did the cargo floor repair piece come from?

Thanks, They made it themselves :)

wow really nice work stu/drew looking forward to seeing it in the flesh ....you must be well chuffed mr brightside ..awesome work

best regards
chris

Looks amazing.

I had a long chat with Stuart at Midlands Paintwerks last week, but they can't fit me in for a while... tempted to wait though, as their work looks superb.

Called in to see the bus today, all I can say is WOW

I would be happy with the paint finish as it is, but Drew will start to Machine polish & Colour sand it tomorrow to a glass like finish.

We are really, really happy with the colour, it is so deep & rich :shock:

See below for a couple of higher res. images

Brightside3-1.jpg

BrightsidePaint-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

(but I'm not jealous ;) )

Yeah that's an awesome attention to detail, I won't ask how much it cost :roll:

I was a bit what painting it! But you made the right choice.

Des

5erge said:
Yeah that's an awesome attention to detail, I won't ask how much it cost :roll:

I was a bit what painting it! But you made the right choice.

Des

Thanks Des,

Stuart sometimes does wonder :roll: at Drews attention to detail :shock:

To be fair to Stuart & Drew, I would never post cost details, but would say that I do not have bottomless pits for pockets, We agreed a price at the outset which was VERY, VERY competitive (less expensive than many) & I have been kept informed all the way of anything that would affect the cost (cab floor etc), any extra work has been agreed & discussed in advance.

I actually dont think I could have envisaged it looking this good, based upon how good it has turned out, we have up-specced our plans for the interior, HERE and HERE

Hopefully it will be finished before the end of March :lol:

Without wanting to sound like a Gushing Evangalist for MPW, their motto on the site does say "You will not have to re mortgage to afford our unbelievable prices", its actually pretty accurate

that looks stunning! 8)

love the colour and combo. its one hell of an advertisment for their skills. They are kind enough to sponsor the site as well.

EDIT: i just had a look on the blog and im stunned at how anal they are with the detail :shock: awesome job indeed.

Latest posts