Introducing Mr Brightside's Midlands Makeover............

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Called round to see the progress today, its proving difficult to stay away :D

Over riders looking sweet :)

Painted2-22.jpg

Bumpers Also

Painted2-26.jpg

Sunroof ready for re-fit

Painted2-25.jpg

Rear end looks amazing !

Painted2-32.jpg

Engine bay roof (the bit that will be hidden........)

Painted2-35.jpg

Erm, I dont think so Stuart :)

Painted2-18.jpg

Valance started

Painted2-27.jpg

Drew being camera shy ...

Painted2-5.jpg

Painted2-6.jpg

Colour Sanding starts tomorrow, refit starts next week. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The paint looks so deep - so jealous :oops:

The team are cracking on nicely to ;)

gninnam said:
The paint looks so deep - so jealous :oops:

The team are cracking on nicely to ;)

Thanks Andy, this is turning out Sooooo much better than I could ever had hoped for. :D

Called round today to see what the boys had been up to :?

Engine is now in

fuchs1on-10.jpg

Those wheels need some attention

fuchs1on-1.jpg

Thats Better

fuchs1on-5.jpg

Paintwork polished but not waxed or sealed yet

fuchson-1.jpg

I will of course be lowering this some, or else I may develop vertigo :shock:

fuchs1on-2.jpg

Yes that REALLY is the standard ride height :lol:

fuchs1on-7.jpg

So the bodywork is nearly finished, doors etc to be fitted, new headlining, glass, inside arches painted.

Not long now :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Stunning work gents ;)

mmmmmmm. :mrgreen:
looks really nice.

WOW - so stunning 8)

Bet when its finished it will never come out in the rain (or at all for that matter) ;)

gninnam said:
WOW - so stunning 8)

Bet when its finished it will never come out in the rain (or at all for that matter) ;)

:evil: Nope, its been built to be used :D

It will be taking the trip from Derbyshire to Cornwall this christmas (already booked), now I have to admit that we will not be camping during this trip, but this is not a bus that will be resigned to a life of heated garages & sunny days.

I have spent the next several years holiday budget :shock: Going to get lots of family use out of it.

wonderful colour, brilliant job, i hope my devon turns out half as nice. i might give the Midlands guys a bell. 8)

Mr Brightside said:
gninnam said:
WOW - so stunning 8)

It will be taking the trip from Derbyshire to Cornwall this christmas (already booked), now I have to admit that we will not be camping during this trip, but this is not a bus that will be resigned to a life of heated garages & sunny days.

I have spent the next several years holiday budget :shock: Going to get lots of family use out of it.

My comment was tongue in cheek (hence the wink) - didn't mean to offend :oops:

gninnam said:
Mr Brightside said:
gninnam said:
WOW - so stunning 8)

My comment was tongue in cheek (hence the wink) - didn't mean to offend :oops:

Yeah, I know Andy, no offence was taken :fighting0040: I was trying to convince myself that taking it out in the depths of winter is a good idea :idea:

awsome mate the guys at midland paintworks are doing an absolutely cracking job on it. it is going to be a fantastic van for years to come. plenty of wax oil in its bits and a good clean and the odd winter trek shouldnt see it suffer. clean wheel arches are the way to a rust free bus. :D

andewilson said:
Plenty of wax oil in its bits and a good clean and the odd winter trek shouldnt see it suffer. clean wheel arches are the way to a rust free bus. :D

Thanks Ande,

The arches & underside have had a serious steam clean & all of the loose stuff removed, they will get a good flexible coating before it leaves & then lots of attention with lashings & lashings of Dinitrol :) Here

I had a phone call from Angie at Bromsgrove this morning, "Your seats are ready", in true working on a Friday style, I managed to find myself there within an hour & half.

This is a new design for Bromsgrove, they tried a sample door card last year for Dubfreeze, but as yet, no-one had taken the plunge on the twin stitching, classic look, Pete must have described it well as we went for it unseen :shock:

We are bowled over with the result, the door cards are stunning (keeping them hidden for now ;) ) The quality of work is superb

Here is a taster (the colour is much deeper & erm, more lush? than it shows here)

SeatsReFurb-5.jpg

SeatsReFurb-2.jpg

SeatsReFurb-4.jpg

SeatsReFurb-1.jpg

Finally a reminder of what they were like:

SeatReapirs-1.jpg

SeatReapirs-2.jpg

SeatReapirs-3.jpg

SeatReapirs-4.jpg

Another step closer.........

Very nice work on those seats 8)

What kinda damage to the wallet would these induce? 8)

Called round today for a quick look at the progress :D

Some good progress, nearly there :D

Headlining being fitted next week, then sunroof & glass.

The new rubbers are proving to be a bit of a challenge, making the doors sit a little proud until they bed in & compress a little.

Despite being the best available quality (and most expensive), the Deluxe window scrapers for the cab doors were diabolical quality, how they call these "German Quality" God only knows. I feel a telephone rant coming..... :evil:

I know how you like pictures so I thought I would post some of the latest......

Brightside1stMarchMPW-12.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-6.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-21.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-8.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-18.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-16.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-13.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-15.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-14.jpg

Nice Stainless bolts :D

Latest posts