Introducing Mr Brightside's Midlands Makeover............

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still looking smint :mrgreen:

THe rubbers appear to be hit and miss as to how they fit - even the good ones :cry:

I know I have been a little quiet with the updates, so here is how the progress stands:

Midland Paintwerks have completed their part now & its looking amazing, Thanks Drew & Stuart, your patience & attention to detail, has not gone unnoticed & appreciated. The sunroof has been a challenge, but were getting there now, so next its off to Bromsgrove for a headlining (at very short notice - thanks Pete :shock: ) & the R n R bed trim.

One head scratching moment today was when we came to fit the M051 seat kit to find there is something not quite right with the parts I have, it just does not fit :x (if anyone has one fitted, i would appreciate pictures of the underside of the double seat, especially the rear bar that goes across the rear of the seat base).

When its finished at Bromsgrove, its off to SJH for the camping interior, fridge, cooker, 240V hook up etc, Then I will fit the RED9 wishbone kit to stop me having a nosebleed (if it arrives in time :roll:), all hopefully in time for a family holiday to Cornwall week comm. 16th April :shock: Looks like I will be fitting parts as I drive :lol:

Anyway, I know you love pictures, so here are a few:

Basking in the sunshine today
FinishedBus2-1.jpg

Sat at the end of the "work in progress line"
FinishedBus1-5.jpg

FinishedBus1-1.jpg

FinishedBusbooth-1.jpg

A quick taste of the interior (yes I know the dash & key surround needs sorting ;) )
FinishedBusint-1.jpg

Thats all for now :beerchug:

Wow, the quality of Midlands work looks amazing!
Bet you cant wait to go camping in it.

Looks absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to have mine painted the same colour ;) .

leon said:
Looks absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to have mine painted the same colour ;) .
Yeah Leon, just so as you know, it's Hannah Montana Red ................ Ha Ha Ha Ha

Mr Brightside said:
leon said:
Yeah Leon, just so as you know, it's Hannah Montana Red ................ Ha Ha Ha Ha

:lol:

Today was the day for collection & transport to Bromsgrove for the interior work from Bromsgrove

LeavingMPW-1.jpg

Thanks Craig, another good job done :beerchug:

This is waiting in the workshop for when its finished at Bromsgrove next weekend, will sort out that ride height :)

Red9-3.jpg

Mr Brightside said:
Today was the day for collection & transport to Bromsgrove for the interior work from Bromsgrove

LeavingMPW-1.jpg

Thanks Craig, another good job done :beerchug:

This is waiting in the workshop for when its finished at Bromsgrove next weekend, will sort out that ride height :)

Red9-3.jpg

Looking really good ,,, great colour and Pete and his merry band will have that inside looking just as good

Mines's in the same Bromsgrove queue, Craig will be getting well used to that journey ... now I know why Angela said today they were so booked up with work :(

cotswoldiver said:
Looking really good ,,, great colour and Pete and his merry band will have that inside looking just as good

Mines's in the same Bromsgrove queue, Craig will be getting well used to that journey ... now I know why Angela said today they were so booked up with work :(

Yeah, Pete said end of July for any new bookings now :shock:

Mr Brightside said:
Called round today for a quick look at the progress :D

Some good progress, nearly there :D

Headlining being fitted next week, then sunroof & glass.

The new rubbers are proving to be a bit of a challenge, making the doors sit a little proud until they bed in & compress a little.

Despite being the best available quality (and most expensive), the Deluxe window scrapers for the cab doors were diabolical quality, how they call these "German Quality" God only knows. I feel a telephone rant coming..... :evil:

I know how you like pictures so I thought I would post some of the latest......

Brightside1stMarchMPW-12.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-6.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-21.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-8.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-18.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-16.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-13.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-15.jpg

Brightside1stMarchMPW-14.jpg

Nice Stainless bolts :D

Well its been a difficult few weeks trying to get my Headlining sorted, too much to go into here, but thankfully its all in now, & the bus spends its first night at home wearing its new colours.

The next step is to lower it & sort out the Camping interior, Propex, Electric hook up etc.

Not long now :D

Some photos of the headlining, which really do not do justice to the sterling work done by Stuart & Pete at Bromsgrove

BromsgroveHeadlining-11.jpg

BromsgroveHeadlining-1.jpg

BromsgroveHeadlining-9.jpg

BromsgroveHeadlining-8.jpg

BromsgroveHeadlining-6.jpg

BromsgroveHeadlining-5.jpg

BromsgroveHeadlining-4.jpg

BromsgroveHeadlining-3.jpg

BromsgroveHeadlining-10.jpg

WOW :shock:

Nicely done - not the easiest thing to do properly :D

Apart from some glue near the window:
BromsgroveHeadlining-5.jpg

gninnam said:
WOW :shock:

Nicely done - not the easiest thing to do properly :D

Apart from some glue near the window:

Do you think I should take it back ? :lol:

Angie at Bromsgrove would give me a right royal slap if I did, they juggled loads to help me out :D

this bus is just AMAZING!!!!!! love it waaaaay too much....

dunno if you or anyone already has... but i have just emailed james at camper and bus mag about its existance!!!

can totally see this on the front cover....

:mrgreen:

Latest posts