it makes me a little crazy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ice man

Reaction score
hello before i start i dont want to pee people off but ;) :roll:
iv just go my new copy of camper and bus ..but is it just me that thinks t4/t5s should now have there own mag :?:
i know theres a market for them. but thats not why i buy the mag.it could be an LDV van for all i care.sorry but i think they should have there own mag and shows :?:

once again sorry for my moaning. but i would like to know what you all think.

you know theres people that say the same about early & late bays - even crossovers - clyde ;)

Not sure the mags would survive if you made them too specific, I'm not a big fan of the later stuff either but I still read it and can appreciate their efforts & understand why some people want something else - but at the same time the same thing if that makes sense :lol:

When you buy a Jazz mag you dont always get all blondes or brunettes in it, sometimes its nice to get a red head :shock:

thats a very good way of putting it :lol: :lol: even in the world of minis i think the new ones now have there own mags.but i could be wrong

earl thebay said:
thats a very good way of putting it :lol: :lol: even in the world of minis i think the new ones now have there own mags.but i could be wrong

Dunno about minis (clearly my expertise is "jazz" ;) ) - but is the mini scene as strong as the vw one? shows almost every weekend?
I think the diversity of vehicles is what gives the vw scene its real strength - it means you can own a couple of completely different types of vehicle and still take them to the same show & have the same group of people share your interest in them.

Ive gotta be honest, i many years ago felt the same about T25s then i bought and owned a few culminating in a very nice LLE 2.1 . Then i drove a T4 to Spa in Belgium and back with 6 lads in , Now i would own a nice one given a chance . I can see your point of view but these times they are a changing etc . Check out a few modded T4s at the shows you may be surprised :mrgreen:

Gadget

Dean

What you want is a nice black slightly pimped T5, now who do we know whose got one of those :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i too used to think t25 was a bit pony but love them now.

i think the t4 problem is that when folk do them up they bolt a load of crap on them. a bit like a mk4 golf or bora etc

i would love (the wife loves them) a decent t4 or 5 but it would have to be smooth. audi handles, debadged grille, smoked crystal lights (not lexus style). no cheap chrome, bull bars, and those sill protectors.

new school 997 rims, camber shims and clear glass (not sh#tty tints) i'd sell my golf for one (and i always said thats a keeper).

i have however had enough of seeing crap new school dubs. send them the the max power show :evil:

When you buy a Jazz mag you dont always get all blondes or brunettes in it, sometimes its nice to get a red head :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

quality :lol: :lol:

We had the mag(not jazz mag) debate in a lengthy thread a few months back, i must admit i flick through the watercooled stuff and very very rarely read any of it. To me its just filler/page fodder as i have no interest in how someone has bolted some ebay tat to a diesel van.
I do like them i've owned 2 t4's, just don't wanna pay nearly £4 to read about them.

earl thebay said:
iv just go my new copy of camper and bus ..but is it just me that thinks t4/t5s should now have there own mag :?:

i think i might have touched on a similar issue before
lol-1.gif

i have to admit though... i live in a cotton-wool wrapped world of wonder down here, where i barely leave our town let alone the county, so having left the peninsula for a week's 'holiday' in nottingham this past week, i made sure i kept an eye out for VWs (old and new) for 'research' purposes because i might slag the damn things off all the time, but apart from in the magazines i hardly ever see any of them, apart from the ex-AA T4 a mate of mine has got.

anyway, maybe i'll 'publish' my air-cooled findings elsewhere, but i was staggered by the amount of 'late model' VW buses i saw on monday afternoon going north on the M5 as we headed in the opposite direction... i mean in regular traffic you'd see one every couple of miles i guess, but in the sections (and there were several) where the traffic had slowed to a crawl they were so many of them that you could barely mutter "isn't that one of them converted builder's vans...?" in-between sightings :shock:

i too hate seeing them in the magazines, and always feared that they'd never become popular enough to warrant their own publication, just popular enough for there to be one converted ex-AA T4 on 17" rims with a bonnet bra in every subsequent 'air-cooled' magazine until the end of time, but i was wrong... so very wrong.

they clearly ARE the future... i think it's only a matter of time before they have their own dedicated magazine; and why not by the way - they're obviously great vehicles, and people dearly love them, plus the knock-on effect for the likes of us is that without the extra 'padding' that they afford the pages of camper & bus it's equally clear that volksworld won't be able to sustain two magazines, and they'll have to resort back to publishing ONE four-weekly magazine featuring the absolute BEST of the air-cooled scene, be it bus, bug or whatever, saving us a tidy £4.10 a month and sparing us from the execrable *trinket pimp* and *van man*

in my book that makes everyone a winner 8)

icon_e_ugeek.gif

*i am nostradamus and i claim my £5*

i stoped buying the mag for the same reason,id buy it read thru the classics then after page 2,put it down,you get more bay related articals in classic van and truck and its cheap as chips.i did mention this on vzi a while ago and got abused :mrgreen:

i havent got a hate for the new vans just cant see the atraction of buying a new van and driving it.wheres the fun in that?saying that last year at action the earlybay camping was next to the t5 club.5 black t5s (prob westys?)that looked very nice but all looked the same,in 40 years im sure they will be very desirable.

This is where you get to know the real me ;)

I hate T4s and 5s being lumped in the same space as aircooled dubs imo. It is made by VW for sure but is not in the same class as "historic" vws.

I can appreciate the work people do on them and i do really like how some have been kitted out etc, but they are their own scene and are NOT worthy of sharing a line up with say a split beetle and an earlybay etc. Might aswell put a toureg in there aswell for good measure. :p

Personally and i do mean this all personally, the shows that most of us go to are all about historic dubs and i do not go to a classic VW show to see a T4 or T5 on display.

Sorry but thats my view and its not that ive got a problem with them being in camper and bus mag as thats the name of the mag, my problem is their envolvment. How many people do you see doing full restos on T5s? T4s? none. Thats because they are not old enough to rot like our pride and joys :lol: If i wanted to go to a show to see a van thats just had a new paint job and some crystal bulbs, I would go to a max power event. :p

These are my views and my own opinions. I do not mean to offend anyone and as I say, i like them as a practical VW for camping & work etc, but putting them in with historic dubs........no. ;)

As an owner of a T5 Kombi that I use for business I couldn't agree more, my T5 is a work tool for both of my businesses, it happily carries flight cased event equipment around and happily tows a trailer with a camper on it I'm collecting as well as hauling the family & dogs to Ireland in a speedy and comfortable way when we head over there.

But I wouldn't dream of putting it in a line up at a VW show, I bought it because I wanted the quality (although thats questionable) and it was the best of the bunch.

I use my EB for shows and long may that continue after all thats why I bought it,

Not trying to wind anyone up but heres my T5 doing what it was designed for, which is not sitting in line ups at VW shows :roll:

L1010418.jpg

I jumped out of the water-cooled scene straight into the aircooled one and couldn't agree more. I've never seen an aircooled VW in Performance VW! So why should you see watercooled motors in a magazine penned by Volksworld!

Des

can't see how a T4/T5 is any more interesting or attractive than a ford Transit,Iveco daily etc etc. early VW's are a design icon,The VW company now days is a whole different machine producing a different product!! hardly the post war 'peoples car'
As for the T25 - Sorry guys n gals - I just don't get it!!!OK,you do get the odd 'nice shiney one' but then again you get the odd 'nice' Passat or Jetta but not what I'd get excited about. Sorry guys, If it ain't aircooled - it ain't cool!! before you say it....I know some 25's air aircooled.
Very dissapointed with Camper and bus though, T25,T4.T5 sorry - NOT INTERESTED!! I was a bit insulted with the 'stuff you need to work on your bus' pages,what a blatant page filler!

While were here and its been mentioned, I can even see the point of those who say cross overs arn't 'early' bay's, after all, once the design changes from the first model then they're not 'early' - they're mid Bay's - surely?! however I can see that they are nearer an early than a late Bay.

(The above if merely my humble opinion at this moment in time, it may change,it may not but it's never meant as an insult and never personal! peace and love!!) :D

Latest posts