I've had enough

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NADZ

Reaction score
:( :( :( After nearly shelling out 6 k to get her.Only to have the engine die on the way back with her.Enter the AA who proceed to rip me for 500 quid to get her home.One new brazillian engine later 1500 quid at that.Many man hours getting her running and painting the engine bay.Take her for a test run the other night.She brakes down on a main road.Enter two children dressed as coppers :roll: Who proceed to impound my motor "cause its on the road"even though im dialing the AA.105 pounds later I get her back on my drive.Doing some fine tuning when she goes and does this..................
Picture984.jpg

Picture983.jpg

Im gutted I dont know what to do.Im feeling as low as you can get.And im also skint from all the resent expense..............
I just wanna go and cry somewhere.................
And I used the last of my spare parts up getting her together i realy am screwed

Ditto, stick with it. It can be frustrating at times. For example, yesterday my valve cover fell off on the road (leaving a nice trail of oil) and my girlfriend drove for 20 miles with the green light on before she noticed!

Any ideas why she went on fire?

At a guess id say the fuel clip i didnt put on whilst i tryied her for" just a second" :roll: :roll:

Sh!t dude, so sorry to hear that.

I know it's no consolation but at least the fire didn't spread to the body. Presume you had an extinguisher to hand?

Holy crap, that's some bad luck dude. :(

There's always setbacks in life, it's how you deal with them that matters. :?

Claim on your insurance. Premiums may go up a bit, but cheaper in the long run. :)

sorry bout that m8 hang on in their there must be some luck just round that corner :shock: hope it gets sorted

total bummer, i had a similar problem leaking fuel into the engine compartment. I drove 120 miles like that, but couldn't understand why she was so thirsty. I guess it was luck it didnt go up like yours...

I feel for ya... :cry:

thats not good, but it is repairable.
you got to be careful dude, it could have been much worse.
also you have a fuel can and a bottle of white spirit beside your bus, it could have been so much worse.

like i said its rebuildable, if you havent got the funds, time, energy to do it now leave it for a while. a lot of that will clean up. :wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock: Im not that bad dude.The white spirit was the beginnings of a clean up and the can was the juice I just put in to fire her up!!! :roll: But I phoned my insurers today N.F.U. And they were quite cool and the gang.Sending over someone from James and sons of Flitwick for an estimation either monday or tuesday.
Ive never had any dealings with this sort of affair before.So where does it go from here?Any one got any anecdotes of a similar kind.Just for reference so I know what to expect.Even horror stories.
But I have found NFU to be very helpful in my dealings with them before now.

Sorry to hear about you bad luck dude, maybe take little break for a few weeks, I'm sure after a little bit you will be ready to get her stored again, just think about what it will be like to drive her :D

That is some shit luck you've been haveing man, can see why your on a downer, get her cleaned up so you can atleast see the full scale of the damage, get pissed then when yer feeling on top of it get her back on the road. :D

From the pics it doesnt look too bad, time more than your hard earned is whats required....

Good luck fella :D

Right, haul that engine out. Wiring will need attention first. Cleanup, assess the damage, get a quote out of your insurance agent, buy what you can with the settlement, post a list of bits you still need here and we'll all sort you out. I would go as far as suggest we give this thread a sticky and communicate together to get this van back on the road.

Tell us what you need and how we can help. You've actually been bloody lucky mate. This can be sorted in short order. We've all seen the pics of totally burnt out vans- AND noone was hurt.

Chin up and think of this: Why is it that so many companies (Animal etc) have seized on the image of the VW Van to promote their gear? Because EVERYONE wants one!!!

You my friend, already OWN one :D

Cheers lads, ive got the estimator from the garage coming round tomorrow or day after.I dont know how it goes after that ive never delt with this sorta thing before.
The other issue is that she was meant to be in service this week (hence the week of to get her kitted out)Because the T25 daily im running is getting very ill quickly :cry: So my bay was gonna get me some time to look over her.
And yes I suppose I do have a parts list.The block is brand new and seems just sooted over.But all the ancillaries will need replacing.
Ive got nothing left myself having completed on a number of projects and help-outs myself recently. :roll:
So if anyone does have old but servicable parts knocking about getting under their feet :wink: Id be happy to relieve you of them :oops: Sorry dont want to be moocher but anything will help right now.

Will do, I dont know what the garage will do.I mean how do they go about getting hold of parts etc?

Hey just read your story mate.Thats not a good look at all is it?Hope its all coming together for you,hang in there :wink:

Latest posts