• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

July 1972 Original Dormobile Van For Sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric07

Reaction score
We bought our beloved Camper on 1st April 2006 and the best April fools day I’ve ever had. I spent some time loving the van and making sure she purred like a kitten and looked awesome. She had 39,943 miles to her name at that time and she now stands with a grand total of 49,492 miles.

As you can see from the pictures we have had some awesome times traveling around the country with her but as you can tell by the mileage only once or twice a year (unfortunately work gets in the way of having fun). For the rest of the time she spent her time in my garage in a nice warm corner.
She was born 4th July 1972 and when I got her she needed a little bit of work. I’ve had the engine completely rebuilt by Manchester Air Cooled in March 2007 and still have the receipts. I’ve had the original seats recovered and had a rock and roll pull out bed fitted. Plus paintwork and general maintenance. It has been MOT’d every year since we got her and still have all of those.

It was an original Dormobile and still has the original roof with the two bunk beds one of which need a little love, It also has the original Dormobile factory plate, and the original pop up stove.
There are many other great aspects to her and once you see her you’ll see why it is with a very heavy heart we have to let her go to a new home.
We are moving house and unfortunately I do not hold the position of boss of our household, that position is held by my wife who has grand plans for the new house and we need the money from this and everything else saleable.
The price to take her home with you is just £12,500
Let me know if you can give her a new home and enjoy all the fun we’ve had. Just give me a call or text 07813 630741 Andy

Latest posts