Just finished my camper interior, hope you like it

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilkie

Reaction score
I have just finished putting a modified devon interior in to my first camper. It originally had a westfalia interior which didn't work for me. I know you all think I'm mad and that there is a large westy fan club out there but I have always liked the early devon layout. I kept the westy rock and roll bed hinges and made the bed look as devon as I could. I rebuilt the cupboards using the original handles and door material. I also bought a couple of tables which had burn marks on them and cut them up to use as doors on the cupboards I made from scratch. Hope you like it.

SDC12201.jpg

SDC12200.jpg

SDC12202.jpg

My daughter did the upholstry for me and she is still working on the back cushion for the buddy seat.

SDC12206.jpg

The side cupboard has a two burner stove with grill and a cool box underneath.

SDC12211.jpg

The rock and roll bed works as the westy would but with loose cusions and I have fitted two short devon legs to give extra support when extended.

SDC12214.jpg

Standard rear cuboards but with no draws on the rear shelf because of the level of the bed. I use the two cusions from the buddy seat to extend the bed onto the back shelf.

SDC12204.jpg

Mate, looks nice.....my missus is impressed that the curtains are the right way around too! I like when people take something OG but give it an individual twist. Smart use of the RnR bed... :)

hey looks good! I assume you didn't like the whole cupboard blocking the window thing in the westie? Certainly lovely light and airy in there now - top job 8)

That looks bloody awesome! i love the r&r bed, i have an early devon and im sick of making the bed out of the tables and was considering doing a similar r&r bed conversion, exept i lack the skills to do it :(

Wow, I like that. I have a westy but have to admit to loving the Devon style interior.

Even better when you add your own flare like that. Well done. 8)

It looks great........sweet bus too. 8)

It great to see skilled folk are on this site and the standards achieved.

Im a westy perv, but I like that. Nice one. :)

Latest posts