Just noticed I canno longer see pics from photo bucket ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
I've recently noticed that my photo bucket account will no longer let me view pics I've posted on here or ones that other members have posted via photo bucket . I do not want to pay a subscription so is there another way to post and view pics ?

I've started to use Postimage which seems to work OK for me

Once FREE Photobox now wants you to pay for using there site,and have blocked any photos you have already loaded to the forum, it was useless anyway took ages to upload and you where bombarded with adverts, "They are not getting any money from me" They have also stopped sponsorship to our site so F><K em.
Anyway i think the nice Moderators on this forum are coming up with a solution to download all your photos from photobox to a new free site
you can still download photos to the forum by using the link in blue at the bottom of the page "Add image to post"
i have found you can just drag and drop them into the text box "Simple"

I have written a chrome extension to download your images from photobucket, upload to imgur and then update your post. Runs on a thread by thread basis. Just waiting for volunteers to test it!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Unfortunatly whilst I appreciate your replies to my post I'm a little confused as to what I need to do as not very computor savy :-( . How can I transfer all my photo bucket pics to another type library in which I can access and upload if I choose to like before ?
Sorry just not great at this

Hi 67westy, i will put myself forward to volunteer ( Will have to ignore what my dad use to say " Dont volunteer for anything" hope he forgives me)
so just tell me what to do and how to do it
PS i am using a Apple Mac

vinvan said:
Hi 67westy, i will put myself forward to volunteer ( Will have to ignore what my dad use to say " Dont volunteer for anything" hope he forgives me)
so just tell me what to do and how to do it
PS i am using a Apple Mac
Thanks, I will pm you some details later tonight. You will need chrome if you don't already have it. Will be good to get it tested on a Mac as well although OS shouldn't really matter

fozworth said:
Unfortunatly whilst I appreciate your replies to my post I'm a little confused as to what I need to do as not very computor savy :-( . How can I transfer all my photo bucket pics to another type library in which I can access and upload if I choose to like before ?
Sorry just not great at this
Let me get this extension tested some more and then if you have the Google chrome browser installed it will be as simple as installing the extension, loading the thread you want to replace images in and then clicking a button.

Just noticed this thread, did it work as i've also fallen foul of the dreaded Photobucket...

67westy said:
I have written a chrome extension to download your images from photobucket, upload to imgur and then update your post. Runs on a thread by thread basis. Just waiting for volunteers to test it!

Happy to volunteer (and contribute if you need assistance).
PM me :)

so.....if im not posting but want to see pictures on other posts but cant due to photobucket...how do i go about it?

Lo10 said:
so.....if im not posting but want to see pictures on other posts but cant due to photobucket...how do i go about it?

You can't. It's the posters account that's no longer working. The original poster needs to re post the photos using the 'attachments' below ;)

You could pm the original poster for pics

Just an update as I've had a few people ask to try it. I was having some issues with the imgur API (more details below in case anyone cares) so I have had to switch to a different site with poor documentation. Just fixing a bug now where sometimes files are uploaded multiple times and should be contacting people this evening to test it.

For those who are interested, imgur implements rate limiting on its free API which locks the IP out for a period of time. I think the commercial version removes this limit and they offer a free tier however once you hit the limits it doesn't suspend you and just charges overage fees which I didn't want to get stung for. I'm now using uploads.im

i for one appreciate the work being done.

This saga is a huge pain in the ass, we have hundreds of galleries that used photobucket, its just a case of paying up or starting fresh.

Anyone posting new images please use Post Image (the link is below each reply box on this site) as its not going to go down the same route due to the way its company is structured.

personally i hope Photobucket crash and burn as their actions are sneaky and underhand. if they knew they couldnt afford the free model they should never have gone that route in the first place

The fact that PB changed their conditions without warning, and are effectively holding users' data to ransom, is appalling.

Rather than pay up, or get RSI clicking on each picture (their "download album" does not work :evil: ), I wrote a script to fetch the URLs of all the original pictures that I had uploaded to photobucket, with the titles and descriptions I had added at the time, and downloaded them all to my PC.

It took ages to run because that site is soooo slow, partly overloaded by rubbish adverts and partly, I suspect, by everyone else trying to get their original uploaded stuff back.

Not sure where I will upload them again. Maybe google. Maybe postimage (linked at the bottom). I'm not overly-keen on IMGUR because of the overwhelming amount of inappropriate, unavoidable crap posted there and visible on the sign-in page.

Is there a way to find all the images I have posted on EB so I can edit the links?

Latest posts