Just saying hello...!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockhopper

Reaction score
Hi there,

Thought I'd stop lurking and say hello to introduce my van - '72 Dormy crossover. Bought in 2002 with dubious history and ownership (14!!!) and with me knowing zip all about it, but he's still going strong, much loved and never failed to get me home.

Its had a bit of work over the years, but have kept it pretty much standard - quick flash over to freshen up the paint, but not a full on re-spray (yet!), full brake overhaul, recon Remtec 1600 with twin Dells & BBird stainless quietpack. Constantly needs tinkering, but don't they all?? :wink:

IMGP4479.jpg

IMGP4733.jpg

IMGP3714.jpg

IMGP3717.jpg

IMGP0196.jpg
[/img]

Welcome, theres a few of us with crossover dormobiles on here 8)
Got my engine in bits at the moment so you may be able to help with a Q, how does the 1600 with twin dells run? Ive got a set of dells & stainless exhaust to go on mine, just wondering what the improvement is over a stock 1600 (or should I go for 1776).

Loxy said:
Welcome, theres a few of us with crossover dormobiles on here 8)
Got my engine in bits at the moment so you may be able to help with a Q, how does the 1600 with twin dells run? Ive got a set of dells & stainless exhaust to go on mine, just wondering what the improvement is over a stock 1600 (or should I go for 1776).

Hi Loxy - the 1600 goes pretty well with the Dells, big improvement on stock - pulls the Puck no problems at all, much more umph up those hills! I guess though if you're already reabuilding then 1776 would be a better bet. The carbs & exhaust are the best bolt on 'upgrades' - as and when time & money permits I'd like to get a 1776 from Mr Pettit....

eriba!! eriba!! hello and welcome :D

Latest posts