Kadrons....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelighttaxidriver

Reaction score
Fitted them fine. Put the balance pipe on. Ticks over fine, but dies under load. No reason to suspect timing or plugs etc. Runs a svda & electronic ignition.
Thinking either mixture or main jets...? Fuel pressure set at 1.5 as per lowbugget....
Any ideas guys....? :-(

Not that familiar with Kadrons tbh but if their like Webers they won't begin running the main jets until the engine is over 1500rpm. If thats the case I'd say the idle is too weak.

Karl

Set the mixture with a colourtune, so must be pretty much right. Ticks over lovely. Revs crisply on instant full throttle. Just when I try to drive it, pulls cleanly for about two secs, then dies at anything over 1500revs. Feels like it's starving itself.....?

Set at 1.5psi at the moment. Did think maybe a lack of supply or vacuum of some kind. Any idea of jet sizes for a std 1600tp...? At work, but got mine written down in my garage. Good to check everything....

Checked tonight. VZi quoted 55 idle, & 130/135 main jets. I have 55 idle, & ropey looking 125's.... Rechecked everything else tonight, so would that cause the lack of sustained revs...?

bluelighttaxidriver said:
Checked tonight. VZi quoted 55 idle, & 130/135 main jets. I have 55 idle, & ropey looking 125's.... Rechecked everything else tonight, so would that cause the lack of sustained revs...?

Will sound daft but I've known jets to wear :shock: Try a new set of the suggested sizes.

The mains are the only thing unusual on them. Everything else has been rechecked several times. Been mailing A.J. Simms at lowbugget for three days now, with no response.
Anybody know of somewhere else for kadron spares..... :-(

Latest posts