Keeping stuff on roof rack dry

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olly the Ozbus

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Now I can stick some of my stuff up-top to travel I was wondering what the best way to keep it dry is seeing as though the heavens seemto open every time i turn the ignition key :msn4: Was` looking at waterproof bags for awnings etc but I'm not sure how waterproof they need to be to keep things dry in a blizzard at 60 mph! Any of you dudes got any cheeky tricks?

Cheers,

Olly

I use a roof bag, but only good if you have a bigger roof rack i.e3 or 4 bow I strap it to the top of my trailer which has a built in rack (Camp-Let) it's never leaked or moved even in the most horrific weather,& looks better than those sacks 8) the best £25 I ever spent. ;) :mrgreen:

i got the dry sacks that aldi sell from time to time , i think they were £6.99 last time out , they work great we use them for everything , got about 6 or 7 of them .....there good as we stuff our sleeping bags in them rather than the sleeping bag one supplied as its so much quicker to do ;) we stuff them with all sorts, ..... dont think it will be long till there out again :D

IMG_0322.jpg

chris

When we travelled Europe we used the dry bags and they are really good. No chance of water getting in

Oh and if you do go to arizona and the san andreas fault has its long awaited hissy fit, your desert property will become prime beachfront real estate over night!! :lol:

Welcome to arizona bay 8) 8)

Latest posts