Keeping the oil level topped up ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

formbyjules

Reaction score
Very simple question - what do people use to top up the oil as the place where you pour it in is in a very fiddly spot - i just wondered if someone had found a great device?

i must be the odd one out, :shock: i use the 5ltr can it came in, the morris oil can seems to work ok for me and and i dont spill owt (to tight i'm a yorkshireman) :lol: :lol:

I'm same as Monty, don't use anything other than skill .. plus the fact couldn't tell any difference if you spill oil in my engine bay :msn4:

top off an under the rim bleach type bottle, with a lot of cleaning out before hand !!!

it means is is very small but it acounts for the angle and will stay there on its own and so no extra hands required :msn4:

montypsx said:
i must be the odd one out, :shock: i use the 5ltr can it came in, the morris oil can seems to work ok for me and and i dont spill owt (to tight i'm a yorkshireman) :lol: :lol:

Same here use the can the oil came in when changing it,

But I keep a 500ml lukazade/Gatorade type bottle for top ups in the bus , the kind of one with the non drip pull up lid, Ideal to tip in give it a squeeze, job done no mess :D

I've cut the top off a 5 litre plastic oil container, but at an angle - the nozzle of the container fits in the oil filler, and the cut-off bit is horizontal and wedges against the air filter

68_early_bay said:
montypsx said:

Same here use the can the oil came in when changing it,

But I keep a 500ml lukazade/Gatorade type bottle for top ups in the bus , the kind of one with the non drip pull up lid, Ideal to tip in give it a squeeze, job done no mess :D

Some great ideas here...Dragons Den watch out. :lol:
I use a funnel but still spill oil all over the place. Love the idea of a 500ml pop bottle with the 'athletes top' push/pull thingy for small top ups. :D

i use a 1 litre transmission fluid bottle like you get power steering/atf in as it has the nozzle on it already.

I use my old water bottle from my mountain bike. Top pushes down to seal and oil comes out slowly so have lots of control.

I use the 1L oil jug with the bendy nozzle from Machine Mart
Good bit of kit, just keep it full and sits between the battery and lights ready to go

Top of a squash bottle cut at an angle for a funnel and I have a 1 litre milk bottle with markings for quarter, half and three quarter litre levels. These are kept in the van along with the 5 litre oil can (which doesn't seem to last long!)

Latest posts