Lake Elsinore, Calif. VW Vintage wrecking yard video

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said...that is only 1x aisle of another that is dbl. side of that crowded! I'll be going back there maybe on Monday as i need some other parts to make from and I'll redo another video or 2x....and post them. Any particular items you might want to see better?

Give them time to sort thru the e-mails and such (the Vid is also posted on some other forums too..)....Jim was so busy answering the phone yesterday (most with the "how much for a bolt" type of questions...) that I had to keep walking away to look at stuff while he answered the phone!

Now remember that he will have to overseas ship these items that is expensive and time costly...unless there is a Bus or a container that you have going over.

I'm sure he is like myself that answers too many how much for shipping and then not hearing back form the suppose buyer...wasted time then.

It would be great to have a shipping agent over here to hand that stuff.....anyone know one?

Al from Gene Berg Ent. told me about one and I forgot the name...and he just left here to go the UK.....

Calling Al...are you on here ???????

I did a very nerdy thing and watched it frame by frame :oops:
I counted 12 and a half earlies ( 2 were crossovers)

Nothing is imposible regards an early bay group buy and shipping ;)
There appears to be a lot of late bays, I wonder how many earlies they have?

Graham L said:
Werksberg
YHPM :mrgreen:

Back at ya....

For the little parts needed, Please e-mail them directly (but Jim's wife is taking this week off as vacation....and she handles the internet stuff) or you might will want to IM Graham L OK?

;)

werksberg said:
Like I said...that is only 1x aisle of another that is dbl. side of that crowded! I'll be going back there maybe on Monday as i need some other parts to make from and I'll redo another video or 2x....and post them. Any particular items you might want to see better?

Give them time to sort thru the e-mails and such (the Vid is also posted on some other forums too..)....Jim was so busy answering the phone yesterday (most with the "how much for a bolt" type of questions...) that I had to keep walking away to look at stuff while he answered the phone!

Now remember that he will have to overseas ship these items that is expensive and time costly...unless there is a Bus or a container that you have going over.

I'm sure he is like myself that answers too many how much for shipping and then not hearing back form the suppose buyer...wasted time then.

It would be great to have a shipping agent over here to hand that stuff.....anyone know one?

Al from Gene Berg Ent. told me about one and I forgot the name...and he just left here to go the UK.....

Calling Al...are you on here ???????

If this does take off, the company I work for in the UK handles containers back and forth across the pond all the time and has a good agent that it works with in LA. As a ball park figure allowing for reduced profit margins by me calling in some favours costs for collection and taking to one central location in the UK would be around £4k and you would still need to take into account any duties that might be applied at this end. Can always get a specific cost if we get serious
David

Well, you can buy the WHOLE yard for only $650K USA! ;)

I have to go back there early next week as stated above, I'll take more videos and move slower. I hope to have my new iphone by then too...then 2x camcorders!

wow, impressive stuff

though i remember in the early 90's when Volksheaven in Doncaster (UK) didn't look far off having that many wrecks for spares, they were a bit more rusty though :lol:

Rust, what is that????? :mrgreen:

I'll be going back there tomorrow (Wed. Calif. time) and I'll be videoing more with a better camera (iPhone).

But You tube only allows 10 minutes per video.

My DSL has been down for 2 days....so I'm behind in getting orders out.

If you are looking for little items that could be shipped (not cheap overseas...but...), I don't know what they have so direct e-mail them at: [email protected] and tell them JM sent ya! ;)

I counted at least three, plus did anyone spot the matador in 'Interstate part 2'?

ollybay said:
I counted at least three, plus did anyone spot the matador in 'Interstate part 2'?

this?

20ia1sh.jpg

don't think its a matador but more likely a 40's truck, it's the firewall of the cab you can see

There was a Studebaker there.....

Dang, I took 2x great 9 minutes + videos on my new IPhone and I can't get the phone to up load to You Tube at all!

And the IPhone instructions stated I would have to have a Mac to down load to my computer but the only Mac here (besides myself) is old Macintosh SE! :evil:

I'll figure it out.....

Or any IPhone users out there...Can I USB link to the phone, does it show as a separate drive so I can then down to the computer? :?:

dubdubz said:
ollybay said:

this?

20ia1sh.jpg

don't think its a matador but more likely a 40's truck, it's the firewall of the cab you can see
Ha ha! P'raps I got a little carried away with all that lucious VW stuff! :D

Jim

Reference downloading the video from your iphone you should be able to link it with the USB cable that came with it to a PC and it will show as an external drive or as a memory card and you should be able to copy the files across from it like that,

iphones work with PC's as well as Macs but you might have to open the files via itunes and then I think that then lets you post to You tube, I've only got a 3G not a 3GS but I'm sure it will work in a similar way,

Thank you Graham that is working but it will take another couple of hours to upload! :mrgreen:

New technology takes awhile for this old dog to learn! :D

Jim

The link means you need an account but as Jim had already sent them to me heres the link to 2 videos of the yard taken on his new iphone 3GS, quite good quality

Part One http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf02J5oIRoA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Part Two http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lNqVvdNTIs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If anyone really is interested in any parts from this yard I'm looking into going over later in the year (December) to have a look for myself to see if I can get parts shipped back etc, so if anyone has any special requests let me know.

Latest posts