Leaky sliding door

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mags

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All, Ever since I restored my bus I have a bit of a leaky slider at the top edge. The rubbers were new German quality but it doesn't feel as though the top of the door is pushing on the rubber hard enough. The bottom sill was all replaced so I'm sure it's related to that, is there any advice on how to get the adjustment right? When I washed it yesterday it reminded me how annoying it is! When camping and it rains it always lets a little in and if the rain is particularly bad it soaks the carpet on the floor, not good.
I was thinking of adding a thin closed cell foam strip to the inside lip at the top of the slider to close the gap but I appreciate that's a bit of a bodge.

Mags

adjust the top roller , slacken 13 mm nut and slide in bracket that has a slot in it.

Thanks, I'm sure I've messed around with this plenty of times in the past but should have looked before posting!
I will give it a go, thanks for the replies.

RePhil said:
I know I’m quite late on this but, do you also lift the handle once the door is closed? This pulls the door in tighter.
Phil.

Yes, absolutely.
Adjusting the top roller hasn't worked as its the rear end of the door that isn't sealing well enough but I have spent some time adjusting the rear latch and I have got it to pull in tighter now.

Mark

mikedjames said:
Adjust the lower front roller out a bit. The top rear will go in a bit.

Hiya Mike,
Are you Tech Ending this year? I’m doing my best to get along but I’ve got a tappet I think that may have other ideas.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,cam follower for our Americano brethren :mrgreen:

Latest posts