Leisure Battery in a Microbus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddffrost

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a microbus with the original interior (z hinges for camping) and i'm wanting to fit a leisure battery and a couple sockets but i'm unsure where to locate them?

Any pics of any or any good ideas?

D

The best place for a leisure battery is in the engine bay (spare battery tray), as for where to fit the socket outlets i'm not sure, not had much to do with microbus interiors

sparkywig said:
Battery in the n/s battery tray and then I'm going to put a 230V socket in the n/s cab seat base, and 12V sockets in the o/s seat base and on one of the rear wheel tubs.

Love to see pics when your finished dude

I've built a speaker box between the seats, put an amp in the base, 2 6x9's, a baking tin to put "stuff" in, a remote switch (for amp) and two lighter sockets. Its low enough to climb over and far enough back to plug a DVD player in for the little-un in the back back seats.
I ran the power cable under the van and up through a hole that was already in the centre of the walk through floor. Its earthed to the passengers seat base/wheel arch area.
I'll take a picture when I get it out the shed next.
Works a treat.

I wanted a picture of it anyway so just went and took these.

DSC00002.jpg

The wire sticking out of the box on the top right is the lead to the amp that I plug my phone or an ipod into to play music. I don't have a head unit.

DSC00003.jpg

Works for me.

Latest posts