"LemurBus" Empty Garage Syndrome

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Matt for popping those up :)
Not only does it make this thread more complete it showcases the good work you do, I'd forgotten how much metal work was involved!

Shel wants the flooring running length ways and I prefer width ways. a stalemate i'm bound to lose lol.

aogrady said:
Looks great, i vote for the second picture

Is it vinyl?

Alistair

Yeah they are 3mm hard wearing vinyl tiles, took us an age to find something we liked, they are suitable for commercial use so should last the course.
I'll pop some pic up when its fitted.
Liam

i found more pics will upload em to photobucket when i get home tonight

Brilliant pics mate - cant wait to see your bus rolling on its new rims!
Was nice to meet you today!

See you at aircooled!

restoration of my manky rear view mirror.. including grafting in of new plastic
3WKSb.jpg

Z7wPz.jpg

Pq5MJ.jpg

DiVwG.jpg

jIkJb.jpg

aOVxS.jpg

ZCSTu.jpg

zsq9O.jpg

more of finished item once fitted

Anybody for a new ww canvas, blisters to the right hand and 2 days of your life gone ? :lol:
pretty happy with it, not a crease in sight :mrgreen:

nt6dL.jpg

32saR.jpg

Zs7Cz.jpg

xpEl8.jpg

5FfpI.jpg

HjkX5.jpg

TyqGA.jpg

04QRS.jpg

hjf8k.jpg

oh forgot to mention my buddy Matt http://www.vwbuswelding.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is dropping by Monday to do his last few bits prior to my m.o.t :)

Where did that canvas come from mate it looks brilliant

Thanks guys,

I can't remember where i actually ordered it from (its been a while) but it is a wolfsburg west canvas.
The build quality is awesome. The zips, velcro, stitching all feel heavy duty and the 'p' strip that goes under the alloy rails is nice and flexible.

Liam

Hi guys, had a few hour with the bus today :)
Reassembled my dash, note the chrome ashtray front, hand brake handle, heater controls, gear stick and dash vents lol

paint for clock surround,radio blank and glove box lid etc was mixed to match the leather, took the a few attempts but got it right the 3rd time.

I made a little pod to house the fag lighter, electric screen wash and horn buttons, made of alloy and covered in leather, I'm chuffed with the result like

Oh and here is one of the floor finished

Also did the under seat madmatz today.. I'll upload pics shortly :)

Liam

Ps steering wheel is not staying!

ok so here are the first of the madmatz going in, does anybody know if the cab mat holds these in position or do i need to adhere them in some way???

:mrgreen:

cab and walk through to follow also

aogrady said:
Stunning! Love the interior colours, very very nice indeed.

Cheers

Alistair

Why thank you very much :D ,Thanks for checking it out, we've had a pretty loose "coffee and cream" theme in mind throughout the rebuild.. should look nice and Kustom but still subtle when completed we're hoping.

Liam

Latest posts