Let's see your Windsock poles (and socks)!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justcruzin

Reaction score
Ok guy's, not sure if this is the appropriate place for this, but I didn't think it fit in "General" or "Technical" and I didn't see an "Off Topic" area, so I put it here. Please move it if it is in the wrong spot. :D

Anyway, I have a thing for the windsock poles in your guy's area (UK). A while back ago I bought a "Telescopic Flag Pole" from the USA and although it is 25' tall, it isn't the same. So after asking a forum member on here and doing some searching I found what I wanted at AmazonUK. I bought a 9M pole from them and in just under a weeks time, it arrived today!! I'm so stoked. Now I need to go buy a windsock for it. :D

Here is a pic of it standing by my garage. The garage is 18' tall.

While looking at some of your guy's photos I noticed that some of you fly more then one sock on your poles. How do you add more? I have seen the thing that slides over the pole to allow more then one sock, is that what you guy's are using? The one I found is for a 7M pole and I have a 9M pole. Wonder if it will work? Or, is there another way of doing it with out that sleeve thing? Also, at the bottom there is a screw on cap that has rubber in it. Why does this screw off and on? Is it so one can add the ground stake that is sold over there? I know, a lot of questions. :D I'm just new to this windsock pole thing. :D

Anyway, I would also like to make this post into a thread for everyone to post pics of your poles and windsocks (and buses, mine is inside that garage right now, that is why I couldn't take a pic of it with the pole)! :D I love looking at what others have come up with. So lets see what you got! :D

Have a look on here Kim, it's run by a friend of mine.

http://www.flagseller.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The cap at the bottom of the pole does unscrew so that it can slip over the groundstake.
Flags are attached using a ball bungee, windsocks and spinners use the eye at the top of the pole.

Here's a pic of my 9m pole and flags.

Hi Kim, glad your pole arrived quickly.
That is a long one. :shock:
The screw cap at the bottom is removed to place it over a ground stake as you said.
Happy flag/sock flying :D
Paul.

My hippy flag at Bug Jam :lol:

IMG_6278_zps2c2bcdc5.jpg

Thanks for the link Sparkywig! That site is awesome!! Lots to choose from. I'm going to contact them to see if they will deal with me here in the US. I like some of the VW flags they have and also need some ball bungees.

On the ball bungees, they say they are 100mm in size. If I did my conversion right, that is about 3 inches. We have those here but they are about 6 inches. I'm going to see if I can shrink them down to a better length. That may save me some shipping costs and also I don't think The Flagseller people would be able to get them to me before next Friday. :D So when you attach them to your pole, what keeps them from riding up or down on the pole? Do you just Wrap them around a few time to make them tight? Got any close up pics of that? :D

Awesome pics so far everyone!! Keep them coming. I just think these things are so cool!! :D

Ok, it's off to the Flagseller site to do some exploring!! :D

rickyrooo1 said:
Just about visible on this pic (sorry i'm a latebay lol)
pepyju8u.jpg

I'm cool with the late bay in the pic. This thread is more about the windsock poles and windsocks! :D Thanks for posting! :D

simo said:
Heres a few in the background at a recent show :lol:

That is cool! Gives me some ideas. :)

Looks like some of the flags are smaller then standard size flags. That would allow you to fly more on one pole, which I think looks pretty neat.

Went to the local kite store and found a couple windsocks.

Still no bus in the pic yet. LOL It's STILL not done. Ugghhhh.

Here's mine flying the flag only the other week at a classic car show, just on a stake in the ground. Usually have a set of 3 tea cup spinners at the top.

883f35e23337b0ced974074d7bc30ce7_zpsfeda77c5.jpg

You can just see them to the left of my red and white stripped roof here.

5806743cd3af55b6cf095ede6c91b03d_zpsd64912fe.jpg

Have 2 other poles as well and fly a variety of windsock s and spinners when I get the chance but ideally I need a few more stakes rather than strapping them to drawbar of trailer etc.

Cool pics. I saw some of the tea cup one's at the kite store the other day, but didn't get them. I wanted them but just the 2 came to over 50 bucks. :shock: I will start collecting different one's from here on out though. :D I also want to get one of those VW flags with the heart. Just waiting on a reply from the flagsellers to see if they will ship to the US.

sparkywig said:
He attends shows/festivals most weekends Kim. He'll be in touch soon.

Yah, I figured with the time difference I got my email into them after closing hours. :D I figured I would hear from them Monday! I'm not in a huge hurry. :D

Latest posts