LHD lights to RHD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Reaction score
Hey all .

I am just in the process of preparing my bus for MOT after arriving from the states and I am wondering about the LHD headlights . :?

Do I have to change the whole unit or can I change the reflectors inside ?

Thanks for your help guys . :D

If its any help I've had my Lhd lights in for years with the stick on beam deflectors, never had any problems with the MOT as long as they're aligned properly.
Cheers
Martin

minty said:
If its any help I've had my Lhd lights in for years with the stick on beam deflectors, never had any problems with the MOT as long as they're aligned properly.
Cheers
Martin

Ok cool thanks for that , that makes it a whole lot easier and best of all cheaper .

Also what did you do at the back did you turn your reverse lights into indicators ?

Cheers

Ps love the stance on your bus minty so 8)

theres should be a sticky on this but never could find one

headlights are sealed unit lhd so just swap em out for some cheap ones of ebay something like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H4-HALOGEN-HEADLAMP-HEADLIGHT-12v-conversion-kit-7-RHD-PILOT-/300893286388?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item460ea32ff4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your side lights are in the front indicator so if you want you can run the feed up to the sidelight in those headlights, or leave it where it is but not fully road legal

At the back swap your reverse light bulbs for orange ones, pull the indicator feed of each side and attach to the reverse lights (thinks its black/red one side black/green the other).

Then finally as US bus's use the brake lights as indicators, you pull the brake feed wire off the hazard switch (its normally the big yellow in the middle of the group of wires) Connect a wire to this and run it to the back of your bus where the indicator wires were (brake lights), feed over to the other side and that's it your done.

You now have UK legal lights

Latest posts