LINCOLN MEET UP last tuesday every month NEXT ONE April TBA

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly off topic but do you guys know anywhere locally that can setup and/or tune carbs? Having some issues getting mine to run right at the moment.

Which carb have you got mate? There is Vw classics at bardney. Could give us something to do at the next meet up :smile:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

It's a wanna be Solex 34pict 3, i think its a Bocar?

Its getting MOT'd at the moment, once i have it back may take it over to Bardney see what they think.

or let you lot loose on it after you've had a beer!

Andy1564 said:
It's a wanna be Solex 34pict 3, i think its a Bocar?

Its getting MOT'd at the moment, once i have it back may take it over to Bardney see what they think.

or let you lot loose on it after you've had a beer!

I think the last option is the best one :D bocars are notoriously shit though so it might be easier to get a genuine solex! Where have you taken it for the MOT, mines due soon.....

I've taken it to Thorpe Lane Garage in Lincoln, taken it there since I've got it and they've always been pretty fair to me.

Had a T25 in when i dropped it off as well so i think they do a few VW's.

They don't MOT themselves (it went to Dave Clark last year), I'll let you know how i get on with them this time...

Well it passed on its second attempt, failed first time on a couple of rubber ball joint covers being perished so happy days!!

Needless to say I'd probably continue to recommend them based on that

Well the next meetup is next Tuesday. Speaking to Strongy last night and we reckon a drive out would be good. SO thinking of a drive up to Woodcocks at Burton Waters. If you know somewhere better then speak up :)

Probably start at F&S unit and ride up there for a drink and chat before dispersing.

Anyone else in?

Sounds good, down in cornwall this weekend though coming back Tuesday so will have to see what time i get back.

:shock: http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=821373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :shock:

oops!

aspro said:
Won't be able to make this one sorry guys. :(

Sounds like a good plan. Cruise and beer. ;)

I thought you were a banker (notice the b!) with beer involved!

Andy1564 said:
Sounds good, down in cornwall this weekend though coming back Tuesday so will have to see what time i get back.

Good trip for a weekend! Hopefully will see you there mate

StuF said:
:shock: http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=821373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :shock:

oops!

:lol: I did that once but realised before moving off. You up for it mate?

67westy said:
aspro said:
Won't be able to make this one sorry guys. :(

Sounds like a good plan. Cruise and beer. ;)

I thought you were a banker (notice the b!) with beer involved!

Gonna be in Belgium for the school hols Adam. Cruise down to Woodhall for a mid monthly meet up in a couple of weeks?

We could have tea in the teahouse in the woods. :lol:

aspro said:
Gonna be in Belgium for the school hols Adam. Cruise down to Woodhall for a mid monthly meet up in a couple of weeks?

We could have tea in the teahouse in the woods. :lol:

I'll let you off then :) I'd be up for that mate

strongy said:
il be there smoke screen in toe and blocked jets restricting speed :roll:

At least you figured out why it was running like a pig. Hope you get it sorted mate.

the over fill is an adition to it running like a sack of shit.new alternater solved the charging problem tho :roll:

really pissed with myself all the aircooled engines ive had. :oops: :oops:

How about Thursday instead for woodcocks, its their classic car night?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts