look what came out of me carb............

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharky71

Reaction score
all this gunk/crud /crap...call it what you will and i changed the plastic bushes also(mine were split or are they suppose to be like that????)
P1200144.jpg
:?
P1190140.jpg

got it plumbed in and ran it up set the idle....took awhile thought i buggered something up cos would not idle and choke would not disengage(new element)so had a fettle and seems to be ok runs idles and revs ok,just need to wait for the road salt to go and take it out for a spin to see if it needs altering.
followed idiots guide in the bentley manual for carb setup so hopefully i have done it right.
as for the bushes i noticed a little weeping from spindle when you blipped the throttle so changed bushes and noticed that they were split...is that normal or are they knackered??changed them for the brass or copper ones off fleabay.
touch wood i am a happy chappy for now til i can go for a test drive.

:bliss:

thanks guys for all your help.

regards.

sharky.

:sick0019:

i 've always ran fuel filters since i had the bus.
34 pict 3 was a fleabay purchase.........long story but in a nutshell engine originally came with a progressive carb but started to play up and couldnot find any stamp on it til i took it off and cleaned body but by then had new ict's which ran fine for a while and constantly fell out of sync or had issues with dissy blah blah and pulled engine countless times and had to keep taking carbs off :x so picked up the 34 pict and ran with that but cos it was seconds with unknown history and leaky bushes decided to strip and clean it(first one ever).
anyhows that's all the varnish or crap for the want of a better word that was baked on the inside............

just done my carb and yeah had a fair bit of crub in there . changed the bushes also and the the old nylon ones had exactly the same split in them ? odd as i thought they were a solid thing ? unless thats how they wear or something ? got the brass jobbies in mine now . Not had a chance to run it yet due to the wonderful weather we have been having :(

Latest posts