Looking for engine rebuilder Hampshire area

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yackaboo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just pulled the engine out of my camper and looking to have it stripped, checked and rebuilt ( found the crank endfloat to be about 1mm)
Can anybody recommend a good reliable firm / guy to do this in the Hampshire or surrounding area.

Cheers
Mike

Mods, if this is in the wrong forum can you please re post it in the correct one.Thanks.

Hi, i used Scott at sgs aircooled in shedfield, top guy and top job, also Funkenblitz or Gingers vw both in pompey might be worth a call

regards.............kev :D

Yes i do, great bloke, very helpful, good prices and knows his stuff. Nplus extremely enthusiastic. His beams are a thing of beauty :)

Do a quick search on sgs. As i said one of my best mates uses him all the time for his split ( which is a perfect restored, stroker running example) but i know others who dont...

If you use project 1 let him know james sent you :)

J.

Ahh thought so, i forgot about him,i wasnt sure if he did engine work or not, i did try to contact him a while ago about lowering my van, i tried to call a few times but never got an answer? (busy i guess), i eneded up getting Mark at the bustation to do it, thinking of going a bit lower now though so i may have another go,

.......................kev

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the pointers on engine builders, my bus is in Swindon at the moment partly stripped out, engine and box out. But I have found workshop /storage space in Nether Wallop which is a lot closer to where I live so I dont need to do a 100 mile round trip to work on it.
Elite paint and Panel in Nether Wallop are going to do the body work and originally I was planning to do the engine myself but just dont have the time so I thought I would try and find somebody reliable to do the work.

Cheers

Mike

Latest posts