Lowered, but buy how much?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cunning plan

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Clipper / Microbus
When I bought my bus it was already lowered, but I dont know by how much.

I need to replace the current setup but like the look of how it is at the moment so want to get a system that will keep the same drop but I need to work out what that drop is.

Morelowering4.jpg

How is best to do this? Take a measurment from a standard height bus to the wheel arch or door handle or something then work out how much my bus is missing?

:?:

Mines not lowered at all (yet..) apart from 38 years of wear .. let us know if ya need any measurements .. I guess that would be a sensible way of checking ..

Hilly

Tanks Hilly, I wouldnt mind the measurment from the floor to the wheelarch? :wink:

.. bloody hell its cold on my drive in just my keks .. :roll:

measured at the centre of the arch ( central on the hub cap ) it measures a massive 726mm from lowest part of arch to floor .. my arches have no lip but i dont think its gonna be much different ..

Hilly

Hilly_70 said:
.. bloody hell its cold on my drive in just my keks .. :roll:

measured at the centre of the arch ( central on the hub cap ) it measures a massive 726mm from lowest part of arch to floor .. my arches have no lip but i dont think its gonna be much different ..

Hilly

Tanks!! Yup full de-icying for me this morning before driving to work. Really thick out there.

Ill measure mine now
clap3.gif

Oh and the arches are supposed to be flat, its a '68 but some PO literally STUCK those ones on :roll: :roll: :roll:

Latest posts