Lowering - Now driving crap - help needed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Probs,, now if you do get your wheels powder coated, don`t forget to rub a bit of it off where the wheel nut / stud cotacts the wheel rim as you will have trouble on your hands and run away wheels and all sorts of interesting moments ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Three wheels on my Volksy,, and I`m still rolling along ! :lol: :shock: :lol:

Your right about the tyres Ozziedog, 2 new tyres needed at the front mate....

How many miles do you think you`d covered with this configuration ??? I was just guessing with my 500 miles estimate and more than likely it was less than that. The other bit was when I found out how bad they were, there was steel banding hanging out of the inner edge while the outer still looked like new,, which they should do as they had hardly touched the road :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Glad you is sorted mate :mrgreen:

Aircooled Engineering (ACE) based in Tysely, Birmingham. They know their stuff if they're pretty local to you??

own a Bay?........Feel the love!

dont forget when the putting new tyres on get van rated tyres not car ones this makes a hell of a difference :shock:

Hey Ozzie, As you've gone through this, did the drive return to normal once it was completed or was it still a bit sketchy?

Sparky

Hi Sparky,, The drive improved as soon as this was sorted, it didn`t get to a brilliant standard until I got my Gaz Adjust shocks and fitted them. Now it`s 95% + as good as stock most of the time but is far better than stock when there is a lot of sidewinds especially gusty ones, and when you get overtaken by a coach or large motorhome or something, you don`t get sucked in or blown out like a leaf in autumn. Overall it`s a marked improvement in my opinion :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, AND,,,, he fits in the garage :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
How many miles do you think you`d covered with this configuration ??? I was just guessing with my 500 miles estimate and more than likely it was less than that. The other bit was when I found out how bad they were, there was steel banding hanging out of the inner edge while the outer still looked like new,, which they should do as they had hardly touched the road :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Glad you is sorted mate :mrgreen:

I reckon about 600ish. There is still a bit of thread but it's certainly decreased the life of the tyres massively!

Foz said:
Aircooled Engineering (ACE) based in Tysely, Birmingham. They know their stuff if they're pretty local to you??

own a Bay?........Feel the love!

Cheers Foz.

The guys who originally fitted them are sorting it, BUT I've got a horrible feeling they might try and charge me for it.....The other partner who fitted them has left so we'll have to wait and see what happens there!!

But yes Birmingham is about 50 miles for me so not that bad

ozziedog said:
Hi Sparky,, The drive improved as soon as this was sorted, it didn`t get to a brilliant standard until I got my Gaz Adjust shocks and fitted them. Now it`s 95% + as good as stock most of the time but is far better than stock when there is a lot of sidewinds especially gusty ones, and when you get overtaken by a coach or large motorhome or something, you don`t get sucked in or blown out like a leaf in autumn. Overall it`s a marked improvement in my opinion :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, AND,,,, he fits in the garage :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

Hmmm, gaz shocks......that could be a new year purchase! Hopefully will already be driving better :)

Latest posts