lowering problems ...grounding out :(

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marmite monster

Reaction score
72 bus
t2d beam on highest setting
2.5 spindles
165 55 15 tyres

problem the steering pin end thing keeps grounding out on the road. country roads with even a small about of camber/hump in the middle are a 10 mph mine field

Can anything be done about the nubbin bit that stick out right in the middle of the beam ?

The only solution i can think of is bigger tyres and wheel arch tubs as i can't make it any higher because the beam is already on its highest setting.

Any ideas ?

What shock absorbers do you have?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It sounds as though the adjusters have been welded on a little too far round the tube meaning you can't raise it enough. The easiest option would be to fit a set of coilovers in the place of your shock absorbers. Adding in another spring on each side will effectively reduce the amount of suspension sag you have, thus increasing the overall ride height. The other advantage being that it will stiffen up the front end and therefore the bus shouldn't 'drop' as much when hitting bumps. The downside to this being that you will have a harder ride up front.

Moseley said:
It sounds as though the adjusters have been welded on a little too far round the tube meaning you can't raise it enough. The easiest option would be to fit a set of coilovers in the place of your shock absorbers. Adding in another spring on each side will effectively reduce the amount of suspension sag you have, thus increasing the overall ride height. The other advantage being that it will stiffen up the front end and therefore the bus shouldn't 'drop' as much when hitting bumps. The downside to this being that you will have a harder ride up front.

Thanks for the reply . the beam is a type 2 detectives beam so the adjusters should be in the correct position.
I like the idea of running stiffer shocks or coilers on the front as i don't really want to raise it up.

Do you have any links or suggestions of where to get front shocks or coilovers

cheers

Have a read of this http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the gaz shocks have worked for a few people, myself included. I definitely think you need something different to a stock shock though

67westy said:
Have a read of this http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the gaz shocks have worked for a few people, myself included. I definitely think you need something different to a stock shock though

Yep thanks I read the entire gaz shocks thread last night
16" 150lbs spring going to order from rally design.

Not sure if that is the right shock length for my van and also do you have to specify the shock mount hole size ?

Thanks for the help

Latest posts