lowering the rear of early bay with wide 5 drum/wheels.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan barber

Reaction score
hi, advice please, ive just had the front of the van lowered and am tryin the rear myself, i was told it can be done without removing the drum and the rear brake line. Ive got the bolts out that fix the spring plate to the bearing housing but before i go any further im concerned that the brake line is goin to get damaged as it passes through the bearing housing and spring plate, so the question is can i leave it in and drop it all down to allow me to prise the spring plate of the torsion bar? or should i have removed the hub and brake line first. also i presume the rear shock needs releasing from the bearing housing? ta

You can avoid disconnecting the brake pipe, just be very carefull not to damage or bend the pipe excessively when you split the bearing housing from the spring plate and suspension arm. Support the hub on a few bricks when dissassembled, and yes you need to disconnect the shock from the bearing housing too.