LPG

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madjack

Reaction score
Looking for views of having your LPG tank mounted in a trailer rather then in the van as when I really want it is on a long run so would more than likely have the trailer on anyway and the extra benifit is the tank I can use could be larger .Or do I just sound insane

Not an expert by anymeans but that sounds like you'd be pulling a time bomb. Can't imagine you could devise a truly safe means of transferring the fuel from the trailer to the engine as the flexible link would surely be a weak point in a tail end shunt?

Well they refuel aircraft in mid-air. :lol:
You could always put your LPG cannister on the roof. :shock:
This is the problem where to put the tank most ive seen have it where the spare wheel used to be.

Rather be pulling it rather then having it 6ft behind my head and so long as proper hoses with quick fit connecters are used should be ok and could wire in shock sensors on the back linked onto the shut of Valves

I can see where your coming from, but I'm not 100% sure but pretty certain the tank has to be fixed to the vehicle where in that vehicle is another matter, very interesting though, there are a few on here who have done it & it would be of great interest to know where & how much the tank holds. :)

Ive run a few cars on LPG and the father in law runs all his classic cars on the stuff. But as far as fitting a "remote" tank goes, I think you would struggle to conform to any of the current legislation. The pipe from the tank to the vaporiser has to be solid ( read copper) and fixed to the chassis. You can buy some nice long thin tanks but you'd only get about 30 useable litres out of them. If you have all the other kit though, the tanks will be the cheapest bit.

Rich.

What type of van do you have? We put our LPG tank in the rear of the westy wardrobe. Only holds about 7 gallonsor so but that's enough for us to do 150+ miles so we are ready for a break by that point anyway :)

Don't think you'd pass the inspections with a towed tank

My tank is under the r/r westy bed, think it holds 45 litres :mrgreen:

simo

Latest posts