Master Cylinder Protection Cover / Shroud -Who else has one?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cunning plan

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Clipper / Microbus
I am wondering who else has one of these protection covers?

0158.jpg

My bus is a '68 and does not have one, so when I test-mounted the master cylinder, I was surprised how exposed it is to dirt, debris and potential damage. I then remembered the picture above.

So, I am thinking of adding one in at some point, maybe even made of plastic and easily removable... Not sure, I will have to think about it in detail..

I am curious who else has one, or if they all have one and my bus has had it removed at some point. Please mention if you have one and the year of your bus.

Cheers!

cunning plan said:
I am wondering who else has one of these protection covers?

0158.jpg

My bus is a '68 and does not have one, so when I test-mounted the master cylinder, I was surprised how exposed it is to dirt, debris and potential damage. I then remembered the picture above.

So, I am thinking of adding one in at some point, maybe even made of plastic and easily removable... Not sure, I will have to think about it in detail..

I am curious who else has one, or if they all have one and my bus has had it removed at some point. Please mention if you have one and the year of your bus.

Cheers!

my 68 has one, the front wheel used to catch on it on full lock after it was lowered

Cheers guys.

Trying to establish if this was a factory-standard fixing for all years or just a certain few.

Anyone else?

sparkywig said:
It was a factory fitted item, 1969MY onwards.
Cut mine off after lowering, narrowing and notching.

:lol: End of thread, mystery solved.

Latest posts