Met anyone famous ???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesse James from the tv show , monster garage, I guess he is famous.. I sold him the the split window beetle and made a drag car out of it.. it was the 50 sunroof car named sour kraut .. after selling it to him my wife and i were on the way to bad camberg germany and bumped into him at the dallas fort worth airport, we were going to the show ,and he was wanting to go also , but had a business trip to go meet with walmart.. they owed him money he said.. haha
john in texas

ib-bus said:
Any mountain bikers around here ?

I did a mountain bike ride with Hans Ray and raced in a different class of course with Tinker Juarez.

I just sold my signed poster of Hans Rey on eBay. :D

I met most of the 94 era world class riders at the Grundig World Cup. Pre riding the course and you share the trail with John Tomac, Tinker, David Baker, Caroline Alexander, Juli Furtardo etc etc. All very accessable and really friendly. :)

Clem said:
ib-bus said:
Any mountain bikers around here ?

I did a mountain bike ride with Hans Ray and raced in a different class of course with Tinker Juarez.

I just sold my signed poster of Hans Rey on eBay. :D

I met most of the 94 era world class riders at the Grundig World Cup. Pre riding the course and you share the trail with John Tomac, Tinker, David Baker, Caroline Alexander, Juli Furtardo etc etc. All very accessable and really friendly. :)

With Hans Ray it was a 25 mile mountain bike poker run ride with about 100 other riders.
But Tinker Juarez was racing the same course as I was only I was on the beginners class and he was at the PRO class so he would pass by us so fast it wasn't even funny. Very friendly dudes both of them , I do have a picture with Tinker and an autographed postcard.
I miss the '90s man I'm getting old , by the way I just got me a GT Zaskar Expert last week on ebay it should come in anyday now , I need to get back in shape :oops:

played rugby for the army in the 90's ended up in sweeden with Gavin Hastings ,Scot Hastings,Ivan Tuckalo, Damien Cronnan and a few others . What a weekend just as well it was Gavins stag weekend they won but they lost teh drinking games!!!!!

I once stepped on barry McQuigan's the boxer's foot , he's alot smaller than me I just didn't see him :oops:
Neil Morrisey has a brewery which my wife sells beer for so she's met him a couple of times .

About 30 years ago, me and my mate Stumpy (RIP) had a beer backstage with Sammy Hagar (now Van Halen vocalist) and the band after the gig. Waited by the stage door bloody ages! Passenger half of 3 times World F1 Sidecar Championship winning team, Steve Webster/David James was a mate, been round mine for a cuppa several times (before hitting the big time). Staying in the same hotel in Southport (me working nearby) was the lovely Kate Humble and grumpy Bill Oddie, filming bird/nature/spring/whatever watch. At a hotel in Wigan, who's that ugly little bloke surrounded by bouncers and getting lots of attention? Ah, that'll be Ricky Hatton then.... Back to Southport and twice met Geoff Capes, in the area for budgie conventions. (him, not me!)
Sure there are a few more, just can't bring them to mind right now.

a couple more for ya ;)

Me and ferne cotton bumped into each other outside a porta loo when neither of us were watching where we were going and we ended up having a massive giggle.

Jumped onto a sofa with a mate shouting molluskus (dont know why :oops: ) not to bad but Katatonia were being interviewed on the sofa :lol:

Had a few beers with Emma B (radio one dj)

Met and a had a smoke with Ian Brown and my misses had a dance with a very pissed up Hugh fernley Whitingstall at the Banksy coming home secret after party.

My best mate does CGI for Tim Burton films and animates the dragon in Merlin as well as stuff in Hellboy etc.

Spent a day with Margret Thatcher! :lol: and Dennis, had to stop him from wondering off as he was pissed. This was at school when the they came to visit ( i was on the student council!)

My fav one tho is, John Peel came to one of my gigs during Radio One sound city, then afterwards we had a good chat and a week later he played one of my songs on his show. :mrgreen:

ib-bus said:
With Hans Ray it was a 25 mile mountain bike poker run ride with about 100 other riders.
But Tinker Juarez was racing the same course as I was only I was on the beginners class and he was at the PRO class so he would pass by us so fast it wasn't even funny. Very friendly dudes both of them , I do have a picture with Tinker and an autographed postcard.
I miss the '90s man I'm getting old , by the way I just got me a GT Zaskar Expert last week on ebay it should come in anyday now , I need to get back in shape :oops:

I should clarify, I was only a Sport rider myself. Those guys were from another world physically and technically :shock:
I have a GT Zaskar - lush frames!

Give up guys - easy is winning by a country mile! 8)

Im struggling with the concept of having a smoke with Ian Brown at a party for Banksy .... are you actually living my fantasy life? nice one dude!

Clem said:
Give up guys - easy is winning by a country mile! 8)

Im struggling with the concept of having a smoke with Ian Brown at a party for Banksy .... are you actually living my fantasy life? nice one dude!

:lol: not really dude, just have a knack of being in the right place at the right time :mrgreen:

I often see David James (England goalkeeper) out and about as he lives locally,
a freind of mine has done somework on one of his cars. Hes a very polite/well mannered
chap taller & thinner than he looks on TV.

I also spoke to Jenifer Saunders once when i was working in a garage in exeter. I needed to
contact her about some additional work which needed doing on her Megane Cabriolet.

Ive chatted to the ex drummer of Reef - Dominic Greensmith at a party many years ago plus
I used to drink in a bar with Ben Ayres of cornershop (Brimful of Asha).

I also new ex scotland soccer international William Dunlop when i was young he used to drink
with my old man!

made and fit greggor fisher (rab c nesbit) kitchen no string vest tho,a very well spoken man
also had a beer wid manny from the stone roses at a gig a couple of years ago

had a drink with Tom Hingley (singer from the inspiral carpets) after my band supported his a few years ago. he spent about half an hour practicly crying in his pint about being divorced etc, ruined it for me a bit.

about a year ago played a gig with Jon Brookes (drummer from the charlatans) supporting us on the decks. had a beer with him, top bloke but didnt want to manage us. bugger!

My mates all used to buy weed from the sister of what was at the time a top man united and england striker. and at one point went round there, only to find him sat there in the front room. they sold him 30 pairs of moody jeans

my mate sh#gged Samantha Morton when we were all younger and she was a bit of a scally tear away.

earl thebay said:
if anyones in to bmx iv rode with
steven murray
martin murray
jamie bestwick
dennis mccoy
and the main man himself matt hoffman
plus many many more :D :D
Hi Earl,
Went for a meal with Eddie Fiola when he came to my mum`s BMX shop.
Met Bob Haro at Romford skate park ,back in the 80`s.
Rode Scotty Freeman`s half pipe in Huntington Beach, California.
Off BMX topic,
saw LOUIS THEROUX at Plumton Race`s.
I know the boys from Toploader (who i hear you say!)
Cheers Paul.

I know the boys from Toploader (who i hear you say!)
Cheers Paul.[/quote]

i was quite a fan of toploader at the time in fact had tickets to see them but never made it. sadly they got a bit "trent fm'd", played every other song on local radio to the point where they got played out.

Latest posts